Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Who is attending the Fairbanks AOC banquet November 7th?

  1. #1
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default Who is attending the Fairbanks AOC banquet November 7th?

    I have never been, and was invited this year. so i thought it would be fun to take the wife too.. anyone else attending?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  2. #2
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default I won't make it but...

    Don't wear that suit you wore to the BOG meeting that one day. You reminded me of some of my cousins that are involved in some shady deals back in New york. Just might scare some people off.
    Wear something cameo and you will most def. fit in, IMO. Don't use a fork or knife or you will give yourself away as a spoon eater. Smile and nod, even if you don't hear what people are saying to you, in conversations.
    These little tips have "gaureenteed" me a place, nowhere, next time this comes around, next year. Good luck and remember, I'm just trying to save you some time and $$$.
    Thewhop
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Don't wear that suit you wore to the BOG meeting that one day. You reminded me of some of my cousins that are involved in some shady deals back in New york. Just might scare some people off.
    Wear something cameo and you will most def. fit in, IMO. Don't use a fork or knife or you will give yourself away as a spoon eater. Smile and nod, even if you don't hear what people are saying to you, in conversations.
    These little tips have "gaureenteed" me a place, nowhere, next time this comes around, next year. Good luck and remember, I'm just trying to save you some time and $$$.
    Thewhop
    and to think i was going to put on the black shirt and charcoal tie...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Don't wear that suit you wore to the BOG meeting that one day. You reminded me of some of my cousins that are involved in some shady deals back in New york. Just might scare some people off.
    Wear something cameo and you will most def. fit in, IMO. Don't use a fork or knife or you will give yourself away as a spoon eater. Smile and nod, even if you don't hear what people are saying to you, in conversations.
    These little tips have "gaureenteed" me a place, nowhere, next time this comes around, next year. Good luck and remember, I'm just trying to save you some time and $$$.
    Thewhop
    Hmmmmmm......im getting some seriously scary mental images....

  5. #5
    Member martentrapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak.
    Posts
    4,191

    Default

    I don't think I could look myself in the mirror and truly say I was a "true hunter" if I attended an AOC Banquet.

    We had an NRA banquet out here. Money raiser. Couple local orgs really benefited. It was fun tho a little boring at times. Me and the sig other won almost a thousand bucks worth of gun and stuff from the raffles.
    If I wasn't a federally qualified subsistence hunter I would come over and go with you!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I don't think I could look myself in the mirror and truly say I was a "true hunter" if I attended an AOC Banquet.

    We had an NRA banquet out here. Money raiser. Couple local orgs really benefited. It was fun tho a little boring at times. Me and the sig other won almost a thousand bucks worth of gun and stuff from the raffles.
    If I wasn't a federally qualified subsistence hunter I would come over and go with you!!
    lol Mike i really don't know anything about it.. i went to a Friends of the NRA years ago and had a great time... and with all thats going on... something to take the missus out it a good thing.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    thought i would BTT this.... and my date was wrong the AOC is November 6th here in Fairbanks... so i guess no one will be joining me on the 7th... oh well... i can be the life of my own party...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  8. #8
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Well had a very good time at the AOC dinner in Fairbanks last night... picked up a few auction items.. one really nice youth .22 for the up and coming 10 year old... Kimberly dressed to the 9's had her hair done... short dress, heels... and we just went out and enjoyed our selfs.. (no kids) Kimberly won a door price soon as we walked in. got one of Tony Russes books on sheep hunting... I should prolly read it, so i can understand half you nuts that actually do it. ...

    and agian... it is one of those times... you figure out how many people you really know... and how small a town it is still... met dozens of folks that after a second or two...

    " oh!!! you work over there>>>> you drive>>>> Yeah yeah.. i see ya all the time ...nice to meet you"

    seems to be one of the norms of conversations.. all in all fun for all... very glad we attended... that after party ROCKED!!! and was till going this morning........
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    Vince you almost had us until you said the "after party rocked" we all know there is no rocking parties in Fairbanks hahaha.

  10. #10
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Vince you almost had us until you said the "after party rocked" we all know there is no rocking parties in Fairbanks hahaha.
    there was in my room....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    So you are writing a letter to the makers of cialis right now lol. Glad you had a great time the wives they love dressing up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •