Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parks Stream OCT 17

Default Parks Stream OCT 17

Headed out in the late afternoon to the confluence of Parks stream and the Su. Had heard reports of some of the rivers being "iced up". I am thinking "no way." But sure enough got down there and there was anywhere from one to 6 feet or so of shore ice. Fished in between sheets of ice floating down the river.

The fishing wasn't hot except in one little seam, but I managed maybe a dozen grayling in 3 hours, some very nice sized ones on prince nymphs and a marabou bugger with a bead ahead of it. No rainbows for me today.

Not quite ice fishing yet, but it was close. Unless it warms up if you want to get a crack at the fish on the Parks Highway, might want to go now!

Should have taken more pictures of the ice sheets we had to fish between. A lot more ice than I expected on a flowing stream.

Default Parks streams bows from Monday, Oct 18th.

Thought i'd add some pics.

24-26"

Same Fish

Spots all the way Down the belly

Little Fatty

nice fish! man i gotta fish with you haha

Please keep the fish off the rocks. That fish is maybe 20 inches. Nice fish.

Quote Originally Posted by cut throatAK View Post
    I figure fishing and cooking are 2 in the same thing. When its your turn to cook, you cook how you want and what you want. When its the next guys turn to cook, hes cooking, not you. Hes not doing anything illegal.
    Great fish Bro!

Nice! Wish I had gotten into a few of those!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

Nice fish Armo AK.

It's comments like these that have no place on the forms... Only if some one posts a picture doing something illegal, like steelhead out of water on the KP streams.

Cut throatAK, didn't know you measured his fish for him.

Default fish on the rocks...........

Or maybe we should just remove all the rocks from the the river banks????????
    Here's some more fish on the rocks for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 372.jpg  

Nice feesh!

Can we get some before and after pictures of the rocks? It seems people are worried that introducing fish to rocks is bad for the local geology.

I'm not worried about the fish.. I know it swam away healthy as can be.. but ****.. I think you destroyed the life of maybe 12 rocks.

Nice fish Man, looks like a great fall day. Glad you were successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Or maybe we should just remove all the rocks from the the river banks????????
    Here's some more fish on the rocks for you.
    What a dumb thing to say, nice things about the image you posted wet fish in a rubber net, not lifted over the rocks or boat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry007 View Post
    Nice fish Armo AK.

It's comments like these that have no place on the forms... Only if some one posts a picture doing something illegal, like steelhead out of water on the KP streams.

Cut throatAK, didn't know you measured his fish for him.
    Not just about legal or illegal don't be so small minded. As C/R fishers interested in the health of a fishery it is best to spare the fish any additional harm. Keeping them "off the rocks" is good practice and sound advice. If you are planning on eating your quarry them by all means beach'em and whack'em. Where legal of course.

Quote Originally Posted by lineburns View Post
    Not just about legal or illegal don't be so small minded. As C/R fishers interested in the health of a fishery it is best to spare the fish any additional harm. Keeping them "off the rocks" is good practice and sound advice. If you are planning on eating your quarry them by all means beach'em and whack'em. Where legal of course.

Agreed, just be smart about it.

Lineburns, get back to work!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Great fish man! Although I do agree on keeping the fish in the water. It is a lot easier on the fish.

Larry. I think these comments are good on the forum. People need to be educated!! It is very clear that there is a lot of people that have no clue. Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's right! I don't deny that I have done it numerous times. That was before I knew better. I was approached by some guys that were very nice and helped me out. They explained how important it was for the fisheries. I totaly understood and from then on I practiced good C&R.

Cutthroat is not trying to be a dick! He is trying to educate people.

Oh and yeah maybe it did swim away just fine icb... out of breath with frozen gills and no slime... thats healthy for the fish..

So once again. Nice fish Armo!!! Just try and practice good C&R. Just like your first pic.

All nice fish for sure, I'm alittle envious due to the fact in down here in Texas roasting my ass off. To comment on replies about c&r, there used to only be one deputy fife on this board and now they seem to be everywhere. I'm sure the op knows plenty about proper fish handling techniques if he reads this forum at all. It does get kind of old reading everyones ethics statements, but I suppose it's useful for the newbies to fishin or the forum. Just keep it clean when educating, there is no need to bash anyone as I've seen in other threads.

Fish On!

Post more pics!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Its good that more people are speaking up! Why wouldn't you?

granted the people were nice about asking him or telling him to keep the fish off the rocks, the simple fact is that I don't feel the guy is a newb and knows what he is doing. Yes we all want to see the fish returned unharmed back into the water but really every time some one is nice enough to share pics with us, do people really need to say any thing? Why do they feel the need to say some thing?
    If you really want to get right down to it the best way to treat a fish is by not hooking them and I am not about to start doing that so pretty much every thing after that is a mute point in my book.

Armo nice fish buddy! Glad to see your lady friend didn't show you up this time! LOL

So anything after hooking them is a mute point. I will add to my first post. Some people have no clue and some people just don't give a ****.

what i dont understand is that if everyone on here loves to fish and enjoys it so much, why not take the extra effort to practice good c/r? Is it really that difficult? Like slayingtrout said, ya it swam off but out of breath, frozen gills. Do you guys not think about how a fish breathes or that it is a lot colder now,freezing? The reason these c/r comments get blown up so bad is cuz one person says something, nicely most of the time, and everyone who apparently doesnt give a crap starts complaining and starts fussing like so many on this thread has and saying stupid stuff like "there used to be one deputy" or "fish police" or "remove the rocks - icb12 - ....wow"....you all who are bashing the c/r guys who actually care about the fish need to find your brains.

-nice fish by the way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast