Thread: Got some Nill Griffe grips for the Redhawk

Default Got some Nill Griffe grips for the Redhawk

I've tried the factory Hogues, regular Redhawk wood and some pachmeyers. None of them really fit my hand quite right. I took a chance on buying these and they fit my hand perfectly. I shot 24 fullhouse 355gr loads and 50 plinkers the other day and all I can say is now I know how much difference a set of grips can make in shooting. Palm swell fills my hand, all fingers fit, trigger reach seems perfect and I can easily adjust my grip high or low. They fit perfectly, and they're purdy to boot! Sorry for the fuzzy pics.

Last edited by Snyd; 11-09-2010 at 09:21.

I'd call that a very nice upgrade, very nice indeed!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I put new Ruger sights on my Alaskan and really like them. V rear and green Hiviz front

wood would be OK with my Colt loads but I need the rubber for the 454
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Wood would be ok....pun intended I guess Amigo. The rubber back is good but the grooves in front don't allow my fingers to be where I want.. I do like those wood Nill Grifffe grips. The stippling should be textured enough for traction but not rough enough to remove skin with the heavies. I'd like to try those Griffe grips. Where can I find them, Snyd?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Nice looking grips. Porper fitting grips do indeed make a revolver more shootable

Interesting looking grips. I definately don't like the factory grips, three of mine have the Pachmayer Decelerators, they are a little big but definately better than factory. I haven't seen those around before. Where do you get them?

Here's the German website. They have a link to the English version on there as well. It looks like they make some nice stuff. http://www.nill-griffe.com/

I bought the grips on ebay at about half msrp.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nill-Griffe-Ruge...ht_3438wt_1141

Or just do a search on ebay for Nill Griffe for different guns.

Murphy, ya I know what you mean about the finger placement problem with the rubber grips. The factory Hogues and the Pachmeyers force my little finger down, separated from my other fingers which then does not allow me to adjust my grip high or low while keeping my trigger finger where is needs to be. Plus, I have a short palm. The Hogues are pretty fat from the backtrap to the finger grooves. This forced the gun to be off centered in my hand. Actually the Pachmeyers are a little better in that regard but they really force my little finger down. I tried to take a few pics to show how I can adjust my grip high or low and still keep my fingers where they need to be. My wrist is a little cockeyed in the pics but you can get the idea.

Awesome! I have a pair of Nill's on my P7. They rock.

You're right about the positioning of the hand. We can mitigate recoil better with proper grip placement than with sift rubber that forces the hand into wrong position.
    Those are very nice and functional.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Nice grips, I think you just cost me some money