Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a .22LR stop a charging 1,400 Brown Bear, if I stick it in his nose......?

Default Will a .22LR stop a charging 1,400 Brown Bear, if I stick it in his nose......?

It is winter, time for the same old dip-stick questions, Because anything interesting might hurt someones feeling and get locked, So will a .22LR (Say 40 Grain) stop a snot'blowing charging 1,400 pound horny Brown Bear........? (Woops I said Horny, me bad)......

you seem to be having a great deal of fun with these posts.. better watch it, might get banned for 'having to much fun' :P

No . . . yes . . . well maybe . . . just how horny is he?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    No . . . yes . . . well maybe . . . just how horny is he?
    LOL HORNEY ENOUGH TO BE GOING AFTER the old fart that lives in HOPE alone....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Yes, it will stop him.... long enough for him to chew.....

If it doesn't work the first time you try it, you need to take your hand to hand combat lessons from Larry, Moe, and Curly to be affective against a Horney BB.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The late Joe Zentner, rancher of Kodiak fame and legend did it at around 10 feet. Corner of the eye from the witness account. You need to know that Joe bought the Woodsman 50 years before, carried it all his years and somewhere along the lines lost the rear sight. He could still put all the shots in the end of a beer can at 25 feet about as fast as he could pull the trigger. Saw him do it.

Well ofcourse it will!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Had a friend a few years ago that killed a grizzly bear in Montana with a DAISY CUB BB gun. One shot perfectly thru the skull- DROPPED IN HIS TRACKS!!!!!!

Darn!!! Just what I expected- my waders are leaking & I'm chest deep in BS!!!! WHY DOES THAT ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME!!! The wife says I am sooooooo full of it, so I guess it just comes natural.

If you can stick the barrel all the way in on either end of the bear you are good to go till the barrel comes out.Insurance gun claims on this can be iffy at best.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Stop using "Grizz-Rut Sow Urine" and you won't have the aforementioned problem.

[And the answer to the OP-Q is NO]
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

The Temple shot is your only hope..........reallly.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    It is winter, time for the same old dip-stick questions, Because anything interesting might hurt someones feeling and get locked, So will a .22LR (Say 40 Grain) stop a snot'blowing charging 1,400 pound horny Brown Bear........? (Woops I said Horny, me bad)......
    In a word, yes. But when he's through laughing at you, you will then have your hands very full.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    This is Well Known Truth, Only problem with this "Immediate termination/'stop' of the Bear, in your experience......," is

You need to bring along a friend to record this in story form so we can read later, said "friend" might not survive this....unless you are either pretty heavy and/or tasty thus distracting the "Stopped Bear" from becoming anothers "now current experience"
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    But if you're going to try that temple shot, you should go with a pistol. A long gun is hard to hold accurately against your temple while you're being chewed on by Fuzzy Butt.

It sure will. Once your partner gets that slug in the knee he will not be able to run near as fast as you. Bear will most likely stop to go after him first!

NO!!

Quote Originally Posted by WILDCATTER View Post
    NO!!
    No what? LOL!

If I had a snot blowing 1400lb brown bear fixen to do me in and all I had was a 22????? I shoot myself in the head.....I heard the audio (what I could stand of it anyway) of Timothy Tredwell getting et....not me boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitworth View Post
    No what? LOL!
    Simple question, simple answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Yes, it will stop him.... long enough for him to chew.....
    Then pick his teeth with your pea shooter when he's finished
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast