Thread: little green blobs

Default little green blobs

what are these things uner everyones names?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    what are these things uner everyones names?
    you mean the squares over your avitar... that is the REP system... Family man will be along to tell you more shortly....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

ya i got that much... but is it somthing the mods deal with? or are forum members able to hand out points?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

see the star under posts?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

ahhhh i see it now... good to know

It's basically just a way to say thank you. When someone posts something that you think is particularly helpful or otherwise of value, you can leave them a little note saying so by clicking on the star under their name. Yeah, the points accumulate and folks with more points have more green boxes, but that's really beside the point as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I just like the ability to let folks know that I appreciated what they had to share, and it's a convenient way of doing so.

Default naw.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you mean the squares over your avitar... that is the REP system... Family man will be along to tell you more shortly....
    Tyler, you should listen to Vince; he knows much more about that stuff than me. At least, that's what he told me, and I believe him.

Now if you want to know more about less advanced topics, like the Internet, using smilies ( <---) or spelling words correctly, then come to me.

Last edited by FamilyMan; 10-18-2010 at 00:52. Reason: because I forgot to stick out my tounge, to Vince ;-)

Im told brian is the evil one who runs around taking points away from people... i can see it

Default evil? naw....

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    Im told brian is the evil one who runs around taking points away from people... i can see it
    True story, except the part about the evil. Brian only does this in the case of extreme necessity when nothing else works and he must do so. That's what I've heard, anyway; because I have no real personal experience with this thing that we speak of....