Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: No Fall Bears from Trapper's Creek to Peter's Creek

  1. #1
    Member akndnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    34

    Default No Fall Bears from Trapper's Creek to Peter's Creek

    Just spent the day driving, hiking and glassing the back country from Trapper's Creek off the Park's Highway to Peter's Creek yesterday. No bear skins. Snow level was still pretty high, most of the creeks had ice on the edges and ice setting up but were flowing. There were quite a few weekender's just off the pavement presumably running back to their cabins now that the tundra has frozen-up. Saw a few cow/calf moose and a ptarmigan here and there but no bears.

    Ran into another fellow and his wife doing the same thing; they reported no bears but had found berries here and there that were drying but still plump enough to squeeze some juice out of--maybe that's what they are still eating?

    I think there might still be a bear out there, I just couldn't find him. Maybe next weekend.

  2. #2

    Default

    A month or so ago the ADF&G authorized the Predation Permit for Headhunters International to go in there with a pack of Hounds and clean out the bears. All the locals were up in arms about the problem, so it was taken care of.....apparently.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member scott_rn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I heard someone in trapper creek killed a big brown bear from his porch the week Glenn Beck was in town. Apparently it wasn't the only one around because the next day his garbage was everywhere. Keep at it.

  4. #4

    Default

    Another guy had to shoot one in his Pizza Joint there in Trappers Creek. The bear after getting a dose of lead, went around the room and turned on all the beer taps. Flooded the joint.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •