Thread: Desert Eagle .44 Cal

Default Desert Eagle .44 Cal

I have been having problems with my Desert Eagle .44 jamming. I have purchased an after market magazine with a stronger spring in it and it still does not cycle fully. Anybody have similar problems? Anyone have a possible solution? thanks in advance

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

first and for most..what ammo are you using? th DE doea not like junk as it may not cycle well enough.. with under powered ammo. also make sure all your good and clean .
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I was having the same problem with a .44 DE, the fix I found was to pull the recoil springs off of the guide rods and clean then really good along with the gas system. It would be good for about two boxes of ammo and then start jamming again.

If you have to clean your springs that often, you're using cheap ammo. I've got a DE, full set for 357-50. I replaced the guide springs right after buying it (used) and clean them as part of the regular cleaning cycle. I had jamming problems caused by a bad spring in the magazine, but that's it. I've run 4 boxes (each) of 357 & 44 through in the same session with the only change being the barrel / bolt / magazine without any problems.

Don't use the cheap ammo, they've got ratings for what needs to be used for a reason. These are great handguns if properly maintained and utilized.

I am using PMC ammunition in 240 grain bullet. This is one of many recommended ammunition by Magnum Research on their website. Perhaps I should try a different type of ammunition such as federal premium or winchester.