Thread: bought a 09 artic bearcat 570xt anybody else own one

Default bought a 09 artic bearcat 570xt anybody else own one

I purchased it for $6250 with 315 miles seemed like a deal considering the new 2011 models are $9 k plus.
    Just curious if there are any problems that are consistent with this year/model I should beaware of.Also any mods that anybody has added and like? Would a winch be worthbthe extra weight they make one for the front bumper. If
    Anybody wants to hunt birds this winter in Fairbanks hit me up.

Tim
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

We've got one we use to haul supplies with and love it. Because of the weight I got the winch with both the front and rear receivers. Never had to use it but sure feel better having it.

The only issue Iíve had is with backing up. To back up the engine slows to a stop and then starts running in reverse. Seems to work ok if you are just turning around, but if you trying to push a towed sled backwards or backing up for a long distance every so often my engine starts running very rough. Once I take it out of reverse and start running forward again, this issue clears up.

Iíve gotten into the habit of only using reverse to turn the machine around, not to back up long distances and not to horse a towed sled around with reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinG View Post
    We've got one we use to haul supplies with and love it. Because of the weight I got the winch with both the front and rear receivers. Never had to use it but sure feel better having it.

The only issue Iíve had is with backing up. To back up the engine slows to a stop and then starts running in reverse. Seems to work ok if you are just turning around, but if you trying to push a towed sled backwards or backing up for a long distance every so often my engine starts running very rough. Once I take it out of reverse and start running forward again, this issue clears up.

Iíve gotten into the habit of only using reverse to turn the machine around, not to back up long distances and not to horse a towed sled around with reverse.
    I cannot find an owners manual online. I suspect that it has a rev limiter in reverse to keep people from crashing. If you have a manual, it might tell.

Yep, it's an electronic reverse with a rev limiter. Good machine, I rode the local dealer's demo 570 for a few trips last year. I was plenty pleased and it had no issues going through every bit the amount of snow my friend's 800 RMK could go through on the flats, it just lacked a little when climbing hills compared to the bigger sleds. Still, regardless of it's weight, I was able to toss it around easily and pick my way up through the brush. It also was, by far, the most comfortable (in the sitdown position) sled I have ever ridden. The high seat height above the running boards and the relatively high bars make it a joy to sit down and ride through twisty bumpy trails. I'm buying the 4 stroke version as soon as the funds allow.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I have the '07 model, before they went to the bulldozer models presently available. The motor is bulletproof.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default Have the 540XT now the bearcat XTZ.

I purchased a 09 540XT model Oct of 09 with 350 miles on it. I put 1300 on it last season. I used it on the Quest trail. Made a trip from Manely to Galena one weekend and did some trips to Maclaren lodge. I love the ride but it lacks in power (80hp). I should mention the track is studded. I was very disappointed in deep snow pulling 300 lbs of gear. With no load in deep snow I had to keep it wide open to stay on top. I weigh about 200 lbs with all my gear on. My old VK540 did much better.

A purchased a 2010 4 stroke (120hp). Lets see how this one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Yep, it's an electronic reverse with a rev limiter. ....

Well that's good to know!

I have an 09. Mine has a lever that you pull out and push down to put the engine into reverse, and that came off in my hand on the Denali Hwy on a trip...good thing I didn't have to reverse anymore that trip. The dealership replaced it under warranty. I love the sled. It gets my wife and I around up in Thompson Pass with no troubles. I get stuck more than my friends on their single sleds, but I always have my wife with me to help me dig!

The Four strokes have push button electronic reverse that changes gears inside the Diamond drive since you can't run a 4-stroke engine backwards. I think that the standard non-XT Bearcat 570 has a lever and the older chaincase.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Mine is a 2 stroke. The lever is the only problem I had at all and the folks at the dealership were great about working with me to get it repaired an storing it for me until I could get back up there to pick it up.

My badÖ.
    The above posting by me should have read 570cc 2 stroke instead of 540 and yes it has a mechanical reverse. The track is a 20X156X1.25

I bought a 2010 in March. I put one tank of gas through it for the initial break in. It has about 160 miles on it now. I will be using it a lot in 2010 and 2011. I can't tell you how stoked I am to get out and really use this thing. We are building a cabin up the Yentna river.

I have noticed several Bearcats for sale with about 300 miles on them. ?? I can't imagine letting this machine go. Hopefully I won't want to sell mine at 300 miles. It rode like a dream, looks good and has tons of room for me, passengers and the dog box. And I look forward to seeing what kind of weight it will haul. Anybody I've spoke with seems to think that I did well with my purchase. I have a powder jack, small come along, chain, and shovel for the get stuck day. I will add a winch when I think I can afford it.

Default 2010 Bearcat XT

I bought a 2010 XT last year and love it. Anyone know how to adjust the rear suspension? It's way to soft when I have a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger View Post
    I bought a 2010 XT last year and love it. Anyone know how to adjust the rear suspension? It's way to soft when I have a passenger.
    AlaskaRanger, try pages 58 and 59 of your operators manual.

We also have the 09 Bearcat 570 XT...it also has the pull out/push down lever that came out in my hand one day in a very odd position that I had a hard time getting out of. I had to cut a tree down as I was already in the middle of backing up to turn around when it popped off.. I certainly don't have the man power to lift it....It's a beast! Other than that, it's a wonderful ride! We love this machine!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Hey AKDoug, I bought that demo from Dave this fall. Hope you took care of it! It is now my wife's sled and she loves it; very stable. Now, if it would just start snowing.