Thread: Ducks unlimited banquets

Default Ducks unlimited banquets

There are about 11 different Ducks Unlimited Banquets between now and the end of November. Go to www.ducks.org click on Alaska look at events and click on "more" then click on any one that is in your neighborhood or looks interesting. I'm only familiar with the Eagle River Event which will be at the Lions Club on Nov 6, and the Fall Event. Both are usually pretty good, I am helping with the Eagle River event and know there will be like 35 guns for 200 people, plus lots of other good stuff. The fall event is usually good too but I'm not involved in that and can't really tell you anything.

Bear in mind the Spring Bar B Q is coming up in April with well over 200 guns and anyone interested in being on the committee can give me a call at 227-3811

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Paw Jack View Post
    There are about 11 different Ducks Unlimited Banquets between now and the end of November. Go to www.ducks.org click on Alaska look at events and click on "more" then click on any one that is in your neighborhood or looks interesting. I'm only familiar with the Eagle River Event which will be at the Lions Club on Nov 6, and the Fall Event. Both are usually pretty good, I am helping with the Eagle River event and know there will be like 35 guns for 200 people, plus lots of other good stuff. The fall event is usually good too but I'm not involved in that and can't really tell you anything.

Bear in mind the Spring Bar B Q is coming up in April with well over 200 guns and anyone interested in being on the committee can give me a call at 227-3811
    if I am still here I will deff be on the committee or help out any way I can

Griffin, look forward to having your help. The Eagle River Event is November 6 Saturday night at Lions club in ER. Lots of good guns. Two Kimber 1911's, I have pre-event raffle tickets which are $20 ea or 6 for $100. Dinner tickets still available call me at 227-3811
    Marlin

Griffin, look forward to having your help. The Eagle River Event is November 6 Saturday night at Lions club in ER. Lots of good guns. Two Kimber 1911's, I have pre-event raffle tickets which are $20 ea or 6 for $100. Dinner tickets still available call me at 227-3811
    Marlin
    A little over a week out, how many tickets have been sold? Trying to decide whether to attend or just go spend the money on caribou hunting.

Marlin
    Marlin, I used the on-line system the other day. I noticed that no invitations have been sent out to past attendees, so I went to the "source". They were not selling Greenwings on line, but due to the price break I bought a sponsor couple for my kid and I. The one issue is that the tickets print out in micro mini size. I am supposed to fill them in and bring them to the event on the 6th. After enlarging them 180% on the copier at work they are almost normal sized. However, I still don't think I can write that small.

At our meeting on Wednesday night there were just under 100 dinner tickets sold. I do expect more to sell, we have room for up to 200. Even with that we have a fair number of guns. We are doing a couple of cool things, for $1000 (I don't have tickets in front of me but this is the best of my memory) you can get dinner, a sponsorship, $500 in raffle tickets and be guaranteed you will win a gun. This is a great deal and has to be purchased B4 the day of the event. If you don't do that you have an additional option, in that if you buy $1000 worth of raffle tickets you will be guaranteed you will win a Ruger LCP. Very cool gun also. I got drawn for Caribou also I'm waiting till after this event. I think it's going to be a good event.

Ray I haven't used that system, so I can't really say, I like to do these things in person so I can hear the whole sales pitch, like about beng a sponsor for $300 and have a one in 7 chance of winning a gun, and the guaranteed winner package. My understanding is that they will have your ticket waiting for you when you come up to the door. Stop by and say Hi I am the MC for this thing. Also If you jump on it, Call me personally you can get 3 $100 packs of raffle tickets for $100 prior to wednesday night. Also a good deal. Hope to see a bunch or people there.
    Marlin
    227-3811

Also I still have Pre-event raffle tickets where you could win some nice guns, and they are only $20 each or 6 for $100. They don't sell a lot of tickets for this so odds are good. I know I've bought some and will probably buy more.

When you buy your dinner tickets through DU online an e-mail will be sent to the people in charge and with the information in that e-mail they will fill out an actual dinner ticket for you. All you have to do is show up and tell them your name and they will have everything you need.

Marlin, you going to the meeting tonight? Need to talk to you about caribou...

Guys, if you are interested in coming to the event on Saturday night we still have some tickets available and you can buy them online through DU at http://www.ducks.org/alaska/events/2...-river-banquet. Come out and win some of these guns!

i will be there working the liquor barrel raffel stop on by and by some tickets and say hi!

I don't check this enough. Call me. I was at the meeting, I'll be at the event Saturday night

Tickets are still available at the door. Come on out. I think there are something like 50 guns available to be won. That's a lot for less than 200 people. Lots of other good things too. Need a safe, it will be there, need a scope, they will be there. Come and take a look. If you want some help or have questions, don't hesitate to call me
    227-3811