Thread: Shooting clay pigeons around Fairbanks

Question Shooting clay pigeons around Fairbanks

I am thinking about getting a clay pigeon thrower and some clays to shoot around Fairbanks. What is the best way to go about this? I know some spots along the tanana to shoot, and I know people shoot clays there but I am not sure if it is kosher to do so. You can pick up your shells but you end up leaving pieces of clays everywhere. I have read about bio-degradeable clays and that seems like a good way to go. I just don't want to trash the place.

I've got the same question. Where can a person shoot clays without trashing an otherwise nice spot? I want to practice some passing shots that the layout of the range won't really allow. Thanks in advance.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

You can rent a lane at the Ft. Wainwright skeet range. IT is open to the public just costs a couple bucks more. Dont have to worry about cleanup either they have people that clean it up for you. Can shoot skeet or trap they also have some REALLY NICE rental guns.

Its very affordable and you can get a punch card if you plan to go often which after so many visits you get a couple hours free.

http://ftwainwrightfmwr.com/fischerskeet.html