Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier II winners list online

Default Tier II winners list online

The list of folks who will recieve Nelchina Tier II permits is out online at the F.&G. website.
    www.wildlife.alaska.gov
    Pemits will go out in the mail tomorrow morning. The hunt starts Oct. 21st.
    Good luck!

Got mine along with EVERYONE I knew that applied got one also!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Got mine along with EVERYONE I knew that applied got one also!
    Did you guys get more than one in your household? Something odd is going on between what my wife is seeing and what I'm seeing. On the pdf I'm looking at the folks I know won one permit max per household. My wife initially thought that we all won them. I'm assuming she's looking at a list of the applicants, not the winners...but maybe I'm not seeing something?

Well I did not get one.................But then I Did NOT apply for one. I think I could shoot one anyway, but it is too far to drive, when I have Caribou in the back yard.

Does anyone know if you can proxy hunt for an elder/senior citizen on this tag?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    I'm also wondering if this one can be signed over to a family member within the 2nd degree of kindred like some earlier years. I know my sister would like to sign her's over to my nephew (her son) if possible.

good grief I didnt even win the tier II this year! 27 year resident. I should have counted that pepper stick I had last year as part of my "how many times have you eaten meat from this area" question. Or said I would have hunted this area the past 20 years had I won a permit. My ethics are always getting in the way! congrats to all the winners.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    this is a regular Tier II year... non of the exclusionary stuff is on it... as for Proxy you may only hunt one at a time. and proxy rules are different in Tier II... you gotta cut yours and your proxys antlers... and stuff so LOOK real hard at the laws before you do it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I'm also wondering if this one can be signed over to a family member within the 2nd degree of kindred like some earlier years. I know my sister would like to sign her's over to my nephew (her son) if possible.
    This is all I found about proxy hunting for this hunt. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/divis.../gmu13_faq.pdf

Oh yea, more meat in the freezer. Time to get ready again.

Couldn't help but notice the list of "winners" that I knew that got a permit AND have already shot a caribou this year. Would have been nice to leave some permits for those that weren't able to get a caribou this year.

No, i'm not alking about myself, I did not apply because I would not feel right about hunting a subsistance hunt when I can buy meat at Costco or Freds. It's a personal thing is all.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ryandbrett View Post
    This is all I found about proxy hunting for this hunt. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/divis.../gmu13_faq.pdf
    well i have not found what the board was talking about with the destruction of antlers on proxy... but here is the ...

5 AAC 92.011. Taking of game by proxy

(a) A resident hunter (the proxy) holding a valid resident hunting license may take only moose, caribou, and deer for another resident (the beneficiary) who is blind, physically disabled, or 65 years of age or older, as authorized by AS 16.05.405 .
    (b) Both the beneficiary and the proxy must possess copies of a completed proxy authorization form issued by the department. The completed authorization must include
    (1) names, addresses, hunting license numbers, and signatures of the proxy and the beneficiary;
    (2) number of the required harvest ticket report or permit harvest report;
    (3) effective dates of the authorization; and
    (4) signature of the issuing agent.
    (c) A proxy authorization may not be used to take a species of game for a beneficiary for more than the length of the permit hunt season listed on the proxy authorization or for the maximum length of the species general season listed on the proxy authorization.
    (d) A person may not be a proxy for more than one beneficiary at a time.
    (e) Repealed 7/26/97.
    (f) A proxy who takes game for a beneficiary shall, as soon as practicable, but not later than 30 days after taking game, personally deliver all parts of the game removed from the field to the beneficiary, who must sign the proxy authorization form upon receipt of the game.
    (g) Except for reporting requirements required by (h) of this section, a proxy who hunts or kills game for a beneficiary is subject to all the conditions and requirements that would apply to the beneficiary if the beneficiary personally hunted or killed the game.
    (h) Reporting requirements for proxy and beneficiary are as follows:
    (1) if the proxy takes the bag limit for the beneficiary, the proxy shall provide the beneficiary with all the information necessary for the beneficiary to complete and return the harvest ticket report or permit harvest report, as required by regulation, to the department within the time periods specified for such reports; the beneficiary is responsible for the timely return of the harvest ticket and permit harvest reports;
    (2) if the proxy is unsuccessful or does not take the bag limit for the beneficiary, the proxy shall provide the beneficiary with any information necessary for the beneficiary to complete and return the harvest ticket report or permit harvest report, as required by regulation, to the department within the time periods specified for such reports; the beneficiary is responsible for the timely return of the harvest ticket and permit harvest reports;
    (3) the department may require the proxy to complete a proxy hunter report issued with the authorization form and mail it to the department within 15 days after the effective period of the authorization.
    (i) A person may not give or receive remuneration in order to obtain, grant, or influence the granting of a proxy authorization.
    History: Eff. 7/1/93, Register 126; am 7/9/95, Register 135; am 6/28/96, Register 138; am 8/19/96, Register 139; am 7/26/97, Register 143
    Authority: AS 16.05.255
    AS 16.05.405
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

No, i'm not alking about myself, I did not apply because I would not feel right about hunting a subsistance hunt when I can buy meat at Costco or Freds.[/QUOTE]

WHAT, I don't comprehend that at all. but I'm happy you didn't apply.. more for the rest... course everyone on the list can buy meat at the store, it's not like it's 1920 and you only get into town once a year for your salt and flour trading your furs for gunpowder, get real.

Just reporting what I was told by Glenallen office.

Regs define who can proxy. Proxy can only harvest their animal and the beneficiearies animal for that species and regulatory year. If they have not already met the state quota for resident harvest of said species. Proxy must destroy their antlers and the beneficiaries antlers. A resident hunter who is transfered a Tier II TC566 permit based on second degree kindred does not have to destry the antlers and can take them out of the field.

It makes all the sense in the world, if you've been following the debate on this hunt for the last 5-10 years you would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    It makes all the sense in the world, if you've been following the debate on this hunt for the last 5-10 years you would understand.
    keep following this is Prolly the VERY last time i will ever see a tag with my name on it .... Next BOG meeting i will prolly be black listed.

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by BAR300 View Post
    WHAT, I don't comprehend that at all. but I'm happy you didn't apply.. more for the rest... course everyone on the list can buy meat at the store, it's not like it's 1920 and you only get into town once a year for your salt and flour trading your furs for gunpowder, get real.
    Wait for it, wait for it, here comes the "We eat natural meat not that stuff on steroids argument."

I agree with you BAR300.

Why's that Vince?? Are you not suppose to get a permit?? If you qualified then what's the problem?

I should have known there would be a few that would get their panties all twisted over my comment. Oh well, that's to be expected I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    this is a regular Tier II year... non of the exclusionary stuff is on it... as for Proxy you may only hunt one at a time. and proxy rules are different in Tier II... you gotta cut yours and your proxys antlers... and stuff so LOOK real hard at the laws before you do it...
    I'm not sure that you're allowed to hunt "one at a time." My conversation with Becky in Glenallen she was clear that you can only shoot 1 bou per year. So regarding PROXY, you shoot yours and your beneficiearies and you're done. I do not think you can be proxied multiple times. Nor can you be proxied and transferred a permit.

I went through several scenarios with her because my wife got a permit, my father-in-law got one and my wife's grandmother got one. I"m the only one that can spend the most time out in the field.

You can only proxy to a current permit holder. You can only transfer to second degree kindred and that person cannot of harvested bou anywhere else in the state for that regulatory year. If you transfer your permit to someone then you are no longer a permit holder and therefore cannot be someone's proxy. A transfered permit holder is not considered a permit holder for purposes of then being able to be a proxy.

Clear as mud.

Wife is tranfering her permit to me and me and BAR 300 will see the rest of ya in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Why's that Vince?? Are you not suppose to get a permit?? If you qualified then what's the problem?

I should have known there would be a few that would get their panties all twisted over my comment. Oh well, that's to be expected I reckon.
    because this year we are bringing the issue home hard... i have spent half a day at DNR going over land ownership maps to build a suggestive NON subsistence area with in the nelchina home range. one that would allow for a random draw with out any of the exclusionary language, CHP issues, Tier NOTHING.... i have been all day writing the legal description to meet the needs of enforcement... and am preparing to stuff it before the board before the deadlined next week. been on the phone for hours since i got home from the Nelchina meeting, wrote over 100 emails and letters, and had a few very influential ears for a few moments.

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast