Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier II results posted

Well, any surprise? They didn't do what they said they would. I am listed as a winner of a TC566 permit, yet I was successful in filling my tier I permit this fall. I should have been take out of the winning pool. My mom, on the other hand, who should have scored higher than me just due to age (all else being the same) and who did not hunt the tier I hunt did not show up on the list.

I would be interested if anyone hears any official explaination. I know there will be a lot of speculation as to reasoning, but hopefully there will be something official that explains things a bit.

Also, so much for the 5000 number people where throwing out there. The list looks to have has 3000 names.

YEEAAHHHHH! I haven't looked at the list yet, but according to my wife, we've got an awful lot of hunting to do with my family this fall.

The link above gets you to the folks that applied - not the winners of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    The link above gets you to the folks that applied - not the winners of the draw.
    Wrong it is the right link.

I applied and I'm not on the list. My wife applied and got one.

So if I have a state wide Subsistence permit I guess I could join the party.........But I have to stay on Federal Lands............

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    So if I have a state wide Subsistence permit I guess I could join the party.........But I have to stay on Federal Lands............
    LOL better read the unit 13 federal requirement BEFORE you do that
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

No luck on my end. I guess im going to have to look at the hunt up the steeze or costco to put something in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    LOL better read the unit 13 federal requirement BEFORE you do that

The guy who issued the permit said I could go any place on Federal Land, but not in the Parks. He said I could go to Barrow. It is a Federal Rural Subsistence Permit for one Caribou and One Moose.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

The guy who issued the permit said I could go any place on Federal Land, but not in the Parks. He said I could go to Barrow.
    the guy is an idiot... some federal areas are restricted to the local rural areas... you have to look for hunts open TO ALL rural res. i spent 3 weeks with BLM and USFWS going over the regs and rules before we all determined i was eligble for any ruarl res hunts back then... unit 13, unit 20, all have place of residency requirments... read the fed reg book.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

all right... so I can hunt tierII, whats the catch..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    all right... so I can hunt tierII, whats the catch..
    GO SHOOT A CARIBOU BEFORE THE HARVEST QUOTA IS FILLED>>> turn in tag... eat bou... your done.

meet on face book here

ohh good .. doesnt seem that difficult....and I don't need to worry about dragging antlers outta the field. .... wheeew..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    the guy is an idiot... some federal areas are restricted to the local rural areas... you have to look for hunts open TO ALL rural res. i spent 3 weeks with BLM and USFWS going over the regs and rules before we all determined i was eligble for any ruarl res hunts back then... unit 13, unit 20, all have place of residency requirments... read the fed reg book.
    I ain't reading no Regs. This is NOT a State permit, IT is a FEDERAL permit. A FEDERAL RURAL SUBSISTENCE PERMIT. Good on any Federal land that is not Park. It does not matter, there are 7 caribou in the back yard. But I'll wait till it gets colder. My permit was issued by the the Chugach National Forest Service.

I ain't reading no Regs. This is NOT a State permit, IT is a FEDERAL permit. A FEDERAL RURAL SUBSISTENCE PERMIT. Good on any Federal land that is not Park. It does not matter, there are 7 caribou in the back yard. But I'll wait till it gets colder. My permit was issued by the the Chugach National Forest Service.
    well hope thein i would stick with your Hope permit... it is NOT good anywhere in the state.. for any caribou on federal lands.

CARIBOU
    Units 13A and 13D—Rural residents of Units 11, 12 (along the Nabesna Road), 13, and Chickaloon
    Unit 13B—Rural residents of Units 11, 12 (along the Nabesna Road and Tok Cutoff Road, mileposts 79–110), 13, 20D (except Fort Greely), and Chickaloon
    Unit 13C—Rural residents of Units 11, 12 (along the Nabesna Road), 13, Chickaloon, Dot Lake, and Healy Lake
    Units 13A and 13B—2 caribou by Federal registration permit only. The sex of animals that may be taken will be announced by the BLM Glennallen Field Office Manager in consultation with the ADF&G Area Biologist and Chairs of the Eastern Interior Alaska Subsistence Regional Advisory Council and the Southcentral Alaska Subsistence Regional Advisory Council.
    Aug. 10–Sept. 30
    Oct. 21–Mar. 31

Unit 13E—Rural residents of Units 11, 12 (along the Nabesna Road), 13, Chickaloon, McKinley Village, and the area between mileposts 216–239 of the Parks Highway. No subsistence priority for the residents of Denali National Park headquarters
    Federal permits (including designated hunter permits) are available from the BLM office in Glennallen; Denali National Park offices in Denali Park (for hunting in the park only), and Wrangell-St. Elias National Park offices in Copper Center or Slana (for hunting in the park only). (See directory at the end of this boo

like i said the guy is and idiot... the feds will always get you in trouble if you listen to them

meet on face book here

Cool deal, I got a tag too. Hopefully I can find one with a large rack.

Matt .... you cant eat the rack and in the field it stays (with this permit).... unless you were "riling", or "poking the rack fire"

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Matt .... you cant eat the rack and in the field it stays (with this permit).... unless you were "riling", or "poking the rack fire"
    I don't think that the anter destruction/leave it behind regulations apply to the Tier II hunt, though I'm not certain.

As for getting one with a big rack, there are a couple of things to consider. First of all, the largest bulls will start losing their antlers soon, maybe within a week or two of the opening of this hunt? Secondly, the bulls will be just coming out of the rut. My parents took two decently large bulls on the opening day of the winter hunt a few years ago. They were certainly edible, but had a noticable scent when skinning them and the meat was more gamey tasting than usual. It was find for grinding, but not the best steaks we've had. That is part of the reason that I intend to wait until mid-November.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I don't think that the anter destruction/leave it behind regulations apply to the Tier II hunt, though I'm not certain.

your correct all the uglies are removed from this hunt

meet on face book here

learn something new everyday here.. thx all... .and dont forget to turn permit in when the season over ...110$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast