Thread: Had a visitor on Porch this morning

Default Had a visitor on Porch this morning

Okay I live in North Pole and walked out on my back porch to what I think is a Mallard (green Head) sitting there, If he stays what do I do? If its hurt? Is this like normal because I never had this happen he gets within 3 feet of me, and just sits there none of my neighbors have animals so I dont think anyone owns him like a pet, not sure if that is even legal. My 2 year old thinks its great. I am not a duck hunter, was just curious if someone out there can give some advice.

Use 1C pickling salt, 2 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1tbsp black pepper, and 3 tbsp bay leaves for the brine in a quart of cold water. Brine the breast meat and legs for 20 hours. smoke until medium with hickory chips....

MMMMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    Use 1C pickling salt, 2 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1tbsp black pepper, and 3 tbsp bay leaves for the brine in a quart of cold water. Brine the breast meat and legs for 20 hours. smoke until medium with hickory chips....

MMMMM.

lol!! +1.......
    Proud to be an American!

Default domestic or wild

Is he big? If bigger than what you think a wild duck should be likely he is a Ruin (SP), a domestic duck. If not sure, and you get close, look at the back of the legs, just above the feet. One of his "dew" claws should be clipped if domestic. A wild duck will have both.
    What the heck am I saying? Who cares about size or claws. EAT HIM! The earlier recipe will work fine.

Hit 'em with astick and wring his neck
    Pluck 'em while hes still warm and you wont break the skin, and keep all the juices and fats with the meat...Mmmmmmmmcrispy duck skin, yellow fat and awsome dark meat, I love Mallards!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post

MMMMM.
    Haha! Love it.