Thread: Chugach State Park Management Area

Default Chugach State Park Management Area

I am wondering if anyone has hunted the Chugach State Park Management Area. I am wondering about Ptarmigan and rabbit hunting up like Upper DeArmoun/ Rabbit Lake Area.

Go to the adfg website, under hunting regs look for what you need in UNIT 14c Small Game Summary. I dont know for sure, but it sounds like you want to hunt in what would be the Anchorage management area, and that would be falconry only. That is if you are talking area 3, check it out and make sure for yourself, dont take anybody elses word for it because "somebody on the internet told me I could" will be a very weak defense if you go to court.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Trouthead, sorry I should have been more specific. I want to access area 5 of 14c. I have looked at the hunting regs and am finding it hard to decipher where that boundary starts.

Have a look at this map: http://wildlife.alaska.gov/gis/maps/...MA_chugach.pdf
    You'll see that the areas near you where hunting are allowed are the Ship Creek drainage, from the Falls Creek drainage south, the Peters and Little Peters creek drainages, and a few smaller areas to the north. So the Rabbit Lake and Upper DeArmoun areas are off limits. To be sure, I'd call the park for clarification. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ANCguy View Post
    Have a look at this map: http://wildlife.alaska.gov/gis/maps/...MA_chugach.pdf
    You'll see that the areas near you where hunting are allowed are the Ship Creek drainage, from the Falls Creek drainage south, the Peters and Little Peters creek drainages, and a few smaller areas to the north. So the Rabbit Lake and Upper DeArmoun areas are off limits. To be sure, I'd call the park for clarification. Good luck.
    Thanks for the help. This map is definitely better quality than the one in the adfg regs. I will for sure hit up the park for some more definitive area lines.

that link is not working for me. It says that the file is damaged. Anyone else haveing that problem?

Worked for me. Need Adobe though.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!