Thread: Grouse and Rabbits hunting on the knik road

Default Grouse and Rabbits hunting on the knik road

I just wanted to know if the Grouse and Rabbit hunting is any good on the knik road. I live in birchwood and I am looking for a place close to hunt with the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckalaskan View Post
    I just wanted to know if the Grouse and Rabbit hunting is any good on the knik road. I live in birchwood and I am looking for a place close to hunt with the dog.
    I assume you are talking about Knik River road, is that correct? If so it is primarily private property with lots of cabins/houses scattered back in there.

Yes that is what i was talking about do you know of any other places to hunt around here

The highway between Palmer and Glennallen has all kinds of good spots. Most of the time you will never see another hunter out there on weekdays. Not because no one goes there, but because there is a lot of room to play in. Just be mindful of private property here and there and all should be fine.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

i beg to differ, the last time i was out that direction i must have seen 7 other hunters hunting rabbits.

Does anyone know the regs for hunting the 14c Chugach State forrest Management area? Specifically hunting up upper DeArmoun area?