It is time for the last High Power match of the year.

The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA High Power 50 round match on Saturday, October 16 at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park "B" range. Sign up time is 9:00 AM. The match fee will be $25.00 for annual ARC members or $30.00 for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1 each. Remember, 50 rounds for record, two sighters at each position and the possibility of having to shoot an extra string. Bring enough ammo. All targets will be set at 200 yards.

Remember the club have loaner M1 & AR15. Call me if you want me to bring one for you.

I have attached the match schedule.

The weather has turned cold so be careful driving to the range.

Mark Friest (I will be shooting my new space gun)
Alaska Rifle Club

2010 Alaska Rifle Club
200 Yard Reduced High Power Tournaments
April 10, Oct. 2, Oct. 16.

Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park

Traveling North from Anchorage, take the North Birchwood exit. Go West toward Cook Inlet. Shortly after
crossing the railroad tracks, turn right at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park entrance. Go left to
the Rifle Ranges.

Alaska Rifle Club, P.O. Box 243923, Anchorage, AK 99524
Jon Terhune 907-262-5875

Current NRA High Power rules will govern. Open Bolt Indicator, Hearing and Eye Protection are required!

Open to any ARC member. One-day memberships ($5.00) are available for out of town competitors.

Maximum competitors: 30

Tournament Fee: $25. (NRA fee of $4.50 and range fee included. Shooters under 18 are free.)

Entries Due:
09:00 09:30

Start Times:

Squadding assignment for individual matches will be issued during registration.

The NRA classification system will be used. Unclassified competitors will compete in the Master Class.
Assigned Classification (Rule 19.6), or Temporary Classification (Rule 19.2), may be used.

200 yd reduced Targets, SR-5, SR-42, and MR-52. Competitors will be required to score targets for other

Sighting shots (Rule 9.2.1), which are allowed in the conditions for each match may be taken and
recorded. Sighting shots may be taken in a position other than specified for the match, but must be one
of those described in Rule 5 of the High Power Rifle Rule Book, except 5.13.

Match 1:
2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, standing, slow fire, 200 yards, SR-5 target. (Alt. 20 shots)

Match 2:
2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, sitting or kneeling, rapid fire, 200 yards, SR-5 target. (Alt. 20
shots for record).

Match 3:
2 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, prone, rapid fire, SR-42 target. (Alt 20 shots)

Match 4:
2 sighting shots and 20 shots for record, prone, slow fire, MR-52 target.

Match 5:
The slow fire aggregate: an aggregate of scores fired in matches 1 and 4

Match 6:
The rapid fire aggregate: an aggregate of scores fired in matches 2 and 3

Match 7:
Aggregate of scores from matches 1-4

: In fired match will be the same as aggregate matches.

Open Awards: First, Second, etc. based on Match 7
Class and Category Awards:
There must be 5 or more entries in a class for one award, 8 or more for two awards; and 13 or more for
three awards. If there are fewer than 5 High Masters entered, they must fire for open awards only. The
High Master Class may not be combined with the Master Class. If there are fewer than the required
number of entries in a class to provide awards, they will be combined with the same class in another
category. If there are still fewer than 5 entries after combining all categories of a class, there will be
provided in that class, and all competitors in the lower class will be moved back to their respective

category within the next higher class until there is a minimum of 5 competitors in the combined class.