Thread: Ship Creek

Thumbs down Ship Creek

Went down to ship on Tues. Morning to fish the incoming. I got down to the creek at about 6:30. I was fishing just above where the culverts were. There were 4 other guys fishing when I got there. At about 7:00 two of the guys had left without any action. A little after 7 I hooked a fish that just bull dogged me. I ended up landing it but it was hooked in the gill plate. It was not bleeding (thankfully) and I let it go. I fished down there until 1:30 that afternoon only seeing 6-8 fish roll and no fish hooked for about 30 or so different fishermen. I was wondering if anyone knows if the fish that I let go was legal. I have heard that any fish hooked infront of the gills is legal, but then I have heard that only fish hooked IN the mouth are legal. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Klickman

5% rule

It's got to be in the mouth. You did the right thing. Many don't.

I was down there with you today, but fishing upstream of you. No action up there either.

Thanks sketch. That was what I thought. I would be mad if I let one of the few kings in ship right now go.

Klickman

5% rule

i plan on letting all my kings go. I don't need that much meat.