Thread: Queen salmon?

Default Queen salmon?

I was tying flies with my 9 year old son tonight. We were crafting a really nasty pattern for king salmon. I pulled out a bunch of gaudy materials in chartreuse, pink, silver flash, etc. As we put it together, he quips:

"Dad, are you sure this fly is for king salmon? It looks more like it should be for queen salmon."

LOL!

LOL!!
    I'm pretty sure the ADF&G has a don't ask don't tell policy on chinooks

LOL kids man.. i have a 18 month son and he does the darnist things. cant wait to take him on his first fishing trip

Thats awesome!! ha
    I can't wait to get my son out there too.
    but he is only 3 weeks old so it will be a little while. Prob like a good 3 months ha maybe a little longer..

Quote Originally Posted by Slayintrout View Post
    Thats awesome!! ha
    I can't wait to get my son out there too.
    but he is only 3 weeks old so it will be a little while. Prob like a good 3 months ha maybe a little longer..
    LOL i drag my son and his momma down to the russian last year when he was around 2 months. on the way back, we got stuck behind the accident over by the tesaro in girdwood.. i didnt get home until 6am and had to go to work at 7:30am.. worse night of our lives.. no food, water, DIAPERS! LOL my son had the runs too! i found myself a pack of ranch dressing in the car and gobbled that up quick. we drove all the way to seward to try and get some emergency diapers but Safeway was closed!!

There's a life lesson in that, salmon.

8 years old and he hasn't been fishing yet?

I love fishing with the little one. Actually, I'm helping him fish more than fishing. He does fine with grayling and small rainbows but needs a little help with humpies.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default lololol

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    LOL!!
    I'm pretty sure the ADF&G has a don't ask don't tell policy on chinooks

HOW ABOUT POSTING A PHOTO OF THE QUEEN FLY WE WOULD LIKT TO SEE HER HANDIE WORK, OR IS IT A WELL KEPT SECRET as the males are small, an a fly for the Queen, the fish should be bigger so lets post the photo, I need all the help I can get,
    thanks SID