Thread: John Nosler- rest in peace

Default John Nosler- rest in peace

I received this notification from the Nosler company today. Thought I would pass it along to those of you interested.

Bend, Ore-October, 2010-John Amos Nosler, inventor and founder of Nosler, Inc., died of natural causes at his home on October 10, 2010. John founded his company in 1948 and remained president until 1988 when his son, Robert (Bob) Nosler purchased the company. John remained as chairman of the board until his death at the age of 97.

May many blessings and prayers be with him, his legacy, his family, and the passion for the outdoors that he left all of us. I was just admiring an old photograph of him with that massive mule deer he shot with an old savage model 99 in his hand.......huge fellow. Even in his older years, he towered over everybody at the shop.

God bless and enjoy the happy hunting grounds
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Prayers up for a fine man, who was much more than the bullets he designed.
    Afflicted by condition human

John Nosler was an inspirational kinda guy....
    If I have my facts right he was moose hunting in BC with a 300 H&H, (thinking mid 40's?) anyway fired off a relatively close shot (may have been several) at a mud caked moose.........and the moose kept on walking...
    As the story goes JN said "I can do better than this".................and he did...........that was the begining of the Nosler Partition and as they say.............the rest is history.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    God bless and enjoy the happy hunting grounds

DITTO, and thanks for some fine bullets.

My prayers are with the Nosler family and I am sure John is in the happy hunting grounds!

His passing has prompted me to buy his book: Going Ballistic It's a collection of all his hunting stories as he had kept quite an outdoor journal of his experiences on his many hunts. Keep a look out for the next months slew of magazines. All the greats like David Petzal, Wayne Van Zwoll, Craig Bodington, John Barsness, and some of the other writers will likely stash whatever materials they were about to print and share tributes of the old Nosler Sr.

this is good, that fellow shooters comment on the passing of john nosler. in his lifetime he helped shape rifleshooters policy, making a product that was superior from it's inception to date. remarkable.
    happy trails.
    jh

RIP Mr. Nosler and many thanks for being part of my hunting successes.
    Now what ?

RIP John! Your Partition is the bullet against which all others are measured. Not bad for being over 60 yrs and still the king of bullets in my book

An American success story. I wish I can remain hale and hearty 'till I'm called Home.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

The Nosler Partition is to bullets what the 30-06 is to rifle calibers. The one they point to when they want to compare their new bullet against a proven performer. Did he invent the worlds best all around big game hunting bullet over 60 years ago? My prayers and sympathy to his family, and a thank you to him for giving us a superb hunting bullet

What a man and what a bullet he invented in 1947 and put it on the market the year I was born in 1948 and it has been my go to and favorite when it came to push and shove for all these years and a lot of game has hit the ground. That Partition saved my life once on a charge and I am for ever in debt to John for the Nosler Partition. Yes, what a man and a good person to boot. beartooth
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS