Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: BOG quotes on the news...

  1. #1
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default BOG quotes on the news...

    interesting, to say the least.....
    http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-akpol-...,7932333.story
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  2. #2
    Member jkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Maybe the BOG should listen to their lawyers. It's not pressure when the guy who has to defend these guys is asking them to wait. How the heck did these guys quoted make to this body.

    They do realize they are not omnipitant they still fall under the checks and balances system.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    They do realize they are not omnipitant they still fall under the checks and balances system.
    Where did you hear that??? Me thinks you just made that up.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4

    Default

    Deflect and Parry!!! The real pressure is not coming from the State. hehehehehe Gotta giggle when I think about how it is playing out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    I went there saturday to listen to public testimony but didn't bother to testify myself. My little three minute speech was not going to change anyone's mind, and... this board will make it's own political decision, on it's own, without the public's imput. IMO. I'm just surprised that AHTNA didn't bus in more people. And... those that did, did not push for a higher ANS number since a lot of people testified for a lower number of 250-500, rather than the 600-1000 it is now.
    AKRES, maybe you were right on that this was already pre-determined.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    A community hunt has already been ruled as against the state constitution. The advice is sound, why establish another community hunt when the first one was thrown out. Besides, it was a letter asking, not telling. If its political pressure, then they have a very low threshhold. Besides, where idi the pressure come from to have established the community hunt in the first place? It was wrong then and its wrong now.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    I went there saturday to listen to public testimony but didn't bother to testify myself. My little three minute speech was not going to change anyone's mind, and... this board will make it's own political decision, on it's own, without the public's imput. IMO. I'm just surprised that AHTNA didn't bus in more people. And... those that did, did not push for a higher ANS number since a lot of people testified for a lower number of 250-500, rather than the 600-1000 it is now.
    AKRES, maybe you were right on that this was already pre-determined.
    Whop,
    You done the right thing at the meeting. Observe and learn. Drink the free Coffee, eat the free Cookies, but save your breath and your sanity.
    "Maybe" so, maybe so. The law requires the Meeting be held. Period.

    Saddest part about this is, that most will go home and sulk. Or worst yet, start writing letters to the editor of the ADN.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8
    Member AlaskaTrueAdventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Paradise (Alaska)
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    There were no free cookies.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    There were no free cookies.
    Perhaps you didn't see them.......but they were there. I got a pocketful.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  10. #10
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Well, I didn't see the cookies but... I did get to meet Vince for the first time. I don't know if that was a good trade off or not?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  11. #11
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Well, I didn't see the cookies but... I did get to meet Vince for the first time. I don't know if that was a good trade off or not?
    you got to see me in a suit... that in alone was worth the price of admission....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default who had a camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you got to see me in a suit... that in alone was worth the price of admission....
    How much are the pictures going for?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •