Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: public testomony

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default public testomony

k this is off my phone so excuse typos

lots of pissing and moaning has happened this last few years regarding draw,tier, and community harvest...

i have hundreds of e mails and pm's saying/asking for help.... your all screwed...those that said you wanted to input never showed...

nice to see $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$wins...deon't know why i bothered....ohyeah i have kids that want to hunt one day...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Apathy rules the day Vince.

Default where is the blame to be sent to?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i have hundreds of e mails and pm's saying/asking for help.... your all screwed...those that said you wanted to input never showed...
    I too offered input yet did not show...

Is the blame extended to those like me, or to those (also like me) that merely have less than full confidence in "the system"?????

Apathy is a large part of it but IMO, ADF&G has such a huge credibility problem that most folks don't want to believe or even hear the ADF&G side of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    Apathy is a large part of it but IMO, ADF&G has such a huge credibility problem that most folks don't want to believe or even hear the ADF&G side of the situation.
    ADF&G just puts in their view on things. The BOG makes all the deacisions. I can't see blaming fish and feathers when it is clear that the BOG is doing exactly what it wants. They will use any prop they get then basterdize it into whatever they want it to say, even if it exactly the OPPOSITE of what the original version called for.

So do we have word on what the final implementation will be? I am sure that me and mine will certainly not be afforded the opportunity to hunt the herd but I am curious who the chosen few are.

Vince.... can you share and tell us lowers what your talking about and what happened? Doesn't sound good.

I'm thinkin a bunch of guys asked for help, but are too lazy to show up at the meeting and testify.

Same thing up here. Everyone wants to complain and have their way. No one wants to go to the meeting and say their piece to the group that matters.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Talking

Akres messed this all up!

Seriously though, guys and gals don't book on the Guilt Trip. Not one of the members on the Forum could have made a difference in the outcome.
    You have two choices:
    Accept being wronged, and Classified as A Second Class Citizen....or....
    Organize or independantly, get lawyered up and SUE.
    Boycott the business' associated with or owned by those that have or been a party to wronging you. If you don't know who they are, find out!!!

Should you decide to accept being a Second Class Citizen, be advised there are SCORES of Communities waiting for the Community Harvest Priority Allocation of Game, to become etched in stone. The implications are so far reaching, neither you nor I can fully comprehend the full impact, yet. Your opportunities and priveleges are about to be shredded in all corners of the State. Your children should never forgive you, if you cave in to this. They should hold you directly responsible for passing on a useless heirloom gun and no where to hunt. At least there won't be any infighting among the kids over all that expensive, useless gear you spent your life accumulating.
    Maybe, just maybe they will find solice in their video games you gave them instead.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

So any outcome on what the BOG decided on? Reading what akres had to say, I would say much of the same ole same ole came out of the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    So any outcome on what the BOG decided on? Reading what akres had to say, I would say much of the same ole same ole came out of the meeting?
    Yup,
    "same ole" glassy eyes staring at the audience. You know the Deer in the Headlights LOOK. All conducted so businesslike and fully meeting the requirement of law. There were some powerful individuals in attendance and....some not so much, as well. Pretty much routine and nothing extraordinary and most will have forgot about it by this time next week. Suprisingly though, there were a couple of dissenters on the Board, in re to the Bear Snaring Proposal. Looks like some more 'convincing' has to happen before that can 'bear' fruit.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I'm thinkin a bunch of guys asked for help, but are too lazy to show up at the meeting and testify.

Same thing up here. Everyone wants to complain and have their way. No one wants to go to the meeting and say their piece to the group that matters.
    This is Exactly the problem, we can't blame the "System" or use "not having confidence" in the system, because in the USA

WE ARE THE SYSTEM..................., PARTICIPATE............, OR TAKE IT AS IT IS

and quit whining about those representing us. They are your voice, unless you go to the meetings and say something different.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    This is Exactly the problem, we can't blame the "System" or use "not having confidence" in the system, because in the USA

WE ARE THE SYSTEM..................., PARTICIPATE............, OR TAKE IT AS IT IS

and quit whining about those representing us. They are your voice, unless you go to the meetings and say something different.
    kr,
    You guys on the rock are the envy of all Alaskan's if this is truly how it works in your neck of the woods. Where I come from, my experience has been totally different, to say the least. I would like to see some of your magic rub off on the rest of us. Perhaps you could suggest to your AC, that they insist on the next BOG Cycle be held on Kodiak.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Yup,
    "same ole" glassy eyes staring at the audience. You know the Deer in the Headlights LOOK. All conducted so businesslike and fully meeting the requirement of law. There were some powerful individuals in attendance and....some not so much, as well. Pretty much routine and nothing extraordinary and most will have forgot about it by this time next week. Suprisingly though, there were a couple of dissenters on the Board, in re to the Bear Snaring Proposal. Looks like some more 'convincing' has to happen before that can 'bear' fruit.
    Thanks Akres. Figured so. Can't wait till I am retired and then can be at some of these meetings!

Question is there any middle ground here?

I'm too cynical to believe that my presence at those meetings will make one whit of difference, and that my attendance will also do some harm in increasing my personal cynicism of the system.

Yet I have written 3 proposals and submitted them, so I must not have entirely given up on the system.

Is that a dichotomy, or ambivalence? I'm not sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I'm too cynical to believe that my presence at those meetings will make one whit of difference,
    Isn't that like saying, "my vote won't make one whit of difference in the utcome of an election?

It is not only the words you speak TO the BoG. Being at the meeting allows you to rub elbows with others. Maybe even talk with a fence sitter and convince him.
    Betcha ol bushrat is doing that right now as we speak.
    Heck, Family, maybe you'd even get on TV with Mark!! Hahahahaha!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default yes u understand

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Isn't that like saying, "my vote won't make one whit of difference in the utcome of an election?
    Yes, that is the exact same thing that frustrates me when my 18 yo kid says it, when she won't vote in borough elections, or even register to vote.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying I'm frustrated and have at least a decent amount of cynicism. Likely she is and does too, eh?

I dont know who said it, but "For Evil to prevail, Good men need do nothing" comes to mind.....and he was right.......some times I/You/We am too..........

Heck, Thinking about it, even Adolf Hitler was Right!! ........(Doughnuts ARE delicious!)
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default not alone

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    I dont know who said it, but "For Evil to prevail, Good men need do nothing" comes to mind.....and he was right.......some times I/You/We am too..........
    I admit that I might be (OK, am probably) bad, but I am not alone. A lot more people are less involved than I. OK, that doesn't make me right either. But I've already admitted that I believe my actions are wrong. At least I'm still honest.

I will say that the time I did testify, I didn't feel like it was a wasted effort. At the end of my testimony the Chair of the Board asked me a number of follow-up questions related to my testimony. This alone showed that he was paying attention to what I had to say and was thoughtfully considering my words.

Regrettably, I was unable to make it this time around. I had planned on going, but things came rather unglued at home this weekend. Not an excuse - I should have been there - but sometimes domestic responsibilities take precedence above nearly all else. Thank you to those of you who took the time to be there. I appreciate it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

CHP 300 tags to community harvest
    +
    Tier I registration hunt... every family that applies get 1 tag to harvest 1 caribou and may only hunt caribou AND moose in unit 13...
    +
    open draw up to 3000 tags may be issued. starts 10 days AFTER the registration hunt.

CHP guarantees 300 to ruaral...

Tier one give 1 caribou per house hold up to the harvest limit... the other few thousand folks that applied and got shut out on the closure are stuck hunting moose in 13... every legal moose will be shot every year... YOU MAY NOT go to haul rd/40 mile or other even if you do not harvest a bou or moose

Draw will NEVER happen... go ahead spend your 5 bucks get a tag... the limit will be met before it opens.

this comes up again in march.... region 4 props are due this month... i am NOT done yet... and could really use some help. i have some support for a non subsistence area in unit 13 for sure... need some personal backing to push some of the BOF that way also... i have NO experience with the BOF... but i am about to...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast