Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Phantom 60/40 Diesel Arrives

Default 2011 Phantom 60/40 Diesel Arrives

FNM Alaska and Phantom have team up and built the first ever Phantom Sport Jon utilizing the FNM 190hp four cylinder Diesel coupled to the new American Turbine Axle Flow 203 Jet. Phantom has increased the side height and made the boat stronger then ever. 3/16" bottom with 3/16" hardcore bottom. The entire boat has been sprayed with slip resistant bedliner and the flooring is all aluminum. Features include the 60/40 windshield and 40 gallon bow tank, defrost and floor heat that comes from a 40,000btu heater craft running off the engine fresh water cooling system. "Real Heat". Also features rear railings with rod holders, fold down jump seats and removable front seats to allow room for cots on those hunting trips while covered with a full canvas top.

The diesel is much quieter then the sport jet and cruises at 28mph@3400rpms. I'll be running the the boat all week and if anyone would like to join me and or bring out your sportjon to do some comparison runs give call or email me. mel@fnmalaska or 907-440-9148 I haven't run the rivers much around the valley so if anyone with some local river knowledge would like to go for a run give me a call.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When is it coming to Fairbanks? The water is cold and skinny!

Default Fairbanks

If I get enough interest in doing a demo in Fairbanks I'll bring her up for a spin. May have to wait until the spring sport show.

I'm in for a look, the window of skinny water runnin' is about closed for the year I'm afraid. This is the time of year that really sends you looking for the only trickle that's deep enough. All the side sloughs are frozen and the little feeder creeks are locked down. Ran my last run on Saturday for around here I guess, twas gettin' skinny. Spring is fun too, you can go anywhere. 2008 SportJon, lots of custom work. See you in the spring? Oz

I'm sure it's very skinny. Look forward to hooking up with you in the spring.

Any idea on weight and fuel consumption?

Fuel consumption at cruise should be between 4.5-6 gph depending on your speed. WOT on the 190 is 10-11gph. The engine jet package is 300lbs heavier then the sport jet package. With the added bottom thickness and sides the total package is 3000. If you want to take a demo ride just give me a call. If anyone has a phantom or SJX and would like to do some comparison testing shoot me a pm. I'd love to do a shoot out and get some feedback on the boat from others.

I like it but have to admit I'm not to sure about the jet assembly extending so far out the rear of the boat.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Halibut...the season is not over down south...if you need to find runnable water there's plenty...I'd be happy to show you around
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I'm available any time TJM, give me a call and let's go for ride. 440-9148.

sunday afternoon is the earliest I'm available this week...you looking for shallow water?...how far do you want to drive?
    pull my finger....

Some shallow water would be cool. Not looking to bounce her off any bowlders to risk denting the bottom but sliding across some sandbars or gravel bars to test the bottom hardcore should be fun. I'm in Big lake and I hear the deshka still open if you want to go north.

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    I hear the deshka still open if you want to go north.
    I think I have the perfect little place for us to run, no boulders smaller than a house, so if you hit them, the dent in the boat will be the last thing on your mind......it's good water with very little chance of any damage to the boat....I'll buzz you later this week....
    pull my finger....

I'm sure many of us will be looking for the comparisons. Wish you all well and thank you!

TJM, Ran the boat with Garrett today from AK Frontier Fabrication. He's adding extensions to reverse bucket to improve reverse thrust. Other then the a lack of reverse thrust he was impressed. I ran her for an hour today with a full tank and I could only stuff 2.7 gallons in the tank afterward. Spent much of the time after Garrett left weaving through the water ski bouys. I really can't believe that's all she burnt. Garrett's going to run the Big Sue with his boat for one last run of the year Sunday so I'm planning to tag along and put some additional hours on the clock and try another fuel consumption test. We'll leave around 10am and I can meet you at Gorilla Fireworks before heading to the Deshka. Anyone else with a phantom or SJX want to tag along let me know. I would enjoy the company.

Someone tell me that there will be a video camera running in TJM's Wooly SJ. Can't wait to see this.

man wish I hadnt put the SJX away for the winter would have alot of fun I saw TJM on the Talketna last saturday.

So what does this whole Phantom Diesel package run? BTW I will be interested to hear about the longevity of the FNM. The photos of the boat look great though really tough looking.

Sobie2

Here's the retail prices on the boat as currently set up. Any boat's ordered before Jan 2011 will get a 5% discount off the retail price. Come to the AOC banquet this Saturday and we'll be doing a silent auction for a 10% off coupon. The demo boat as pictured with the features below will be parked at Evangelo's Restaurant during the AOC banquet if you want to stop by and check it out. It's also available for purchase at 10% off the retail price and includes a standard stomp grate with the boat. Any boats ordered before Jan will also include shipping to AK. $2400 savings.

Engineers tell me that with proper service and operation the engine should last 10,000 hours before needing a rebuild. Obviously how a guy runs the boat is the biggest determining factor. At cruise rpm the pump absorption to engine out put is less then 70% load so the engine isn't working hard at all.

21' Ft. Phantom SportJon 60/40 Diesel $52,850.00
    Interior Spray on Bed Liner / Exterior Paint $2,400.00
    Sport Jon Weed Grate $1,500.00
    Sport Jon Deluxe Canvas Package $2,400.00
    Heater / Defroster $1,050.00
    HARDKOR Bottom Treatment $4,450.00
    Bow Storage Lid Small $425.00
    Dual Battery w / Switch $350.00
    Deluxe Wiper Installed $425.00
    Jump Seat 2 $600.00
    Zinc Anode $65.00
    Stern Rails with 6 Pole Holders $500.00
    Trolling Motor Bracket $125.00
    Sand Trap $450.00
    Gateway Single Axle Trailer $3,850.00
    Sub Total 71,440.00

I sure hope that is NZ dollars...$71K for a utility boat. Wow, that sure seems steep. I am sure it has a good range, and obviously the fuel burn seems to be awesome empty. I am not sure how many they will sell.

It is good to think outside the box though.

Joe
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast