Thread: .350 Mashburn Magnum

Default .350 Mashburn Magnum

Anyone using this cartridge? I'm looking for load data and a case.

For the 350 Mashburn SUPER MAGNUM, I believe that you can use the loading data from the 350 Ackley Magnum Improved. or the 358 Barnes Supreme.

You used to have to use 375 HH brass, neck it to 358 and then fire-form the shoulder out to 30 degrees Or you can use the Norma Basic special magnum brass.

PO Ackley listed loads of 93 to 95 grains of 4831 for a 250 grain bullet,,,(3,000 fps) but that is very old data and the powders are no longer the same.

Unless you have a Mashburn Short Magnum...... Which is more like (almost identical) a 358 Norma Mag. In fact the 358 Norma Mag brass will work for a 350 Mashburn Short mag. As will the loading data.

These guys have brass for both the Mashburn Super Magnum and the Mashburn Short Magnum

http://www.qual-cart.com/exotic.htm

Here are some newer loads for the Super Version.
    http://petloads.com/members/search_d...loading%20Data

Which one do you have?

Hope this helps.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I don't have a .350 Mashburn Mag, but I am looking for reloading data and a couple of cases for an article I am writing on the Mashburn cases.

I am also looking for info on the .375 Mashburn.

So if any has more data and possibly some cases, please let me know.

I can personally attest to Quality Cartridges quality. Expensive, but you should see my 9 m/m Mauser brass. Each one a perfect jewel. Much better than fireforming 8x57 mm brass out to 9mm.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Yes, QC make good brass. I have a .350 G&H case in my collection which they made. But they won't sell single cases, so I am looking for someone who might have a rifle chambered for the .350 Mashburn as well as the .375 Mashburn.

Thanks.

Too bad since you would think they occasionally have one case that gets goofed up or marked funny.

PO Ackely listed a 375 Mashburn (Long) which he says was very similar to the old 375 Weatherby (Not the 378 Weatherby Mag) and the Ackley Improved 375. But I could not find any info on the 375 Mashburn Short if there was one..

Are you going to try to obtain cases for both the 350 Mashburn Short Magnum and the 350 Mashburn Super Magnum?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

I would like cases for both the .350 Short Mag and Super Mag. As I have read, the Short Mag seems to be the most common.

Still looking for a .350 Mashburn. I have got the .35 Ackley Mag and .350 G&H so it would be nice to get the .350 Mashburn too.

Default I have a 350

I am a proud owner of a 350 mashburn Long mag, wich is the same as the super mag, QC is making me some brass and i should have it in a couple of weeks. I am gonna need to know where to get dies and loading data.

Thanks Stephen Palano

palanostephens@hotmail.com