Thread: WARNING!!!! The plane is gone today.

Default WARNING!!!! The plane is gone today.

Everyday I drive by Rainbow Lake, and there is always a float plane sitting at a dock there, until about this time of year, then it disapears for a month and is back with ski's instead of floats, reverse in the spring. The guy seems to usually be pretty close to predicting when the lake will freeze over. Well, today the plane is gone, ice is about to happen. Our season will be over soon. I will be at dl tomorrow and expect some ice. The end is near. Bud

Well the bright side is hunting will probably be pretty good for the next week or two. Soon it will be time to start chasing rabbits. Then there is always sea ducks.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

My marsh season is over, river is low, water is about to get hard, and there aren't enough birds out there. Good luck to all who head out.

Had to break ice on the lake to hunt ducks with the canoe today. Not easy to get close to ducks with aluminum on ice, but still managed to get a few. Unless we get a warm spell, the end is near on still water.

Monday morning, they are calling for low 20's later in the week, I expect that will close up the small lakes and ponds. Think I will go out tomorrow morning and give it a shot or two. Bud