Thread: cant find it .help

Default cant find it .help

can yall recamend some one to help set up my first trip to alaska .i want to camp in a remote cabin, fish alitle just enough to eat on some fresh fish ,realy just look around an get out of the rat race.like to hunt but cant afford to no time soon .2 kids going to college very soon .thanks joeowens47@yahoo.com.ben a dream of mine sense i was a young kid .i hate the rat race.

Fly to Alaska and rent a suv and sleep in it then you can drive around and see alot more of it.That is what I did the 1st. trip and loved it.Just take camping gear to eat and sleep.

I would help for you to share some more info like what time of year, what game. etc. Contact the owner of this site Mike Strahan. He has a hunt planning service that is second to none. "Lost Creek" There is lots of info on this site and the members are great. You can literally spend a week reading old post and info. Good lluck.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I would help for you to share some more info like what time of year, what game. etc. Contact the owner of this site Mike Strahan. He has a hunt planning service that is second to none. "Lost Creek" There is lots of info on this site and the members are great. You can literally spend a week reading old post and info. Good lluck.
    well time a yr .least amount of skeeters.the game realy just want to go the 1st time an loafer around, enjoy maybe fish for a few good meals .mainly want out of the rat race an allways wanted to go to alaska.. and when kids get out of college ill plan another trip to hunt n stay alitle longer.

What is your budget?

This "rat race" you keep mentioning is pretty strong up here in the summer. We go crazy at work since it is now warm enough to do our construction projects. We go crazy for the fishing since the water is not frozen. I used to work in the tourist industry while in college and some of those folks brought the rat race with them - rushing around trying to do everything they could in the 7 days of "freedom" they thought they had purchased from the nice travel lady back home.

Remote cabins are easily accessed through flying services like Rusts. They own or lease the cabins around Cook Inlet for their customers and provide small boats and gear at the cabins. They have guided with all the gear, or unguided and you bring all your own gear.

What do you want to fish for? Most folks come up here for the salmon and halibut. The salmon runs are getting goofy to time accurately these days, but Kings in June, Reds in July through August, and Silvers in August through September. All rivers have different run timing.

As mentioned in the other posts, rent and RV or SUV and drive around for a couple of weeks camping out. Order a Milepost guide and use the Alaska section to plan out the trip for the areas you want to see.

Maybe something like this is what you're looking for? http://www.alaskatripofalifetime.com...e/Welcome.html