Thread: Looking for someone to go fishing with!!

Default Looking for someone to go fishing with!!

I was stationed at Ft. Rich last year. I did alot of fishing for rainbows from the lakes on base & made it down to Seward for some halibut once last summer. I still have not caught any Salmon, Lake Trout, or Pike yet. I would also love to do some ice fishing before breakup. I am wondering if there is anyone I could tag along with one weekend. I am originally from Louisiana & Alaska fishing is still very new to me & I have alot to learn. I don't drink very often, but would gladly bring a case of beer!

Once summer gets here look me up again I would be more than happy to take you to the deska for some fishing. Chris.

Pm sent your way

Default Alright!

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Once summer gets here look me up again I would be more than happy to take you to the deska for some fishing. Chris.
    I'll definetly have to take you up on that. Are there any decent waters in the anchorage/eagle river area for Lake Trout? Or am I going to have to go up towards Wasilla/Palmer for that?

Actually there isn't much for Lakers in the Anch. or Matsu area. Someone may have a honey hole somewhere but I think you have to go south or north further.

Default Landlocked salmon

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have any tips on landlocked salmon?
    Bait/Lures/Bobbers or Sinkers/Deep or Shallow?

Default Landlocks

My personal experience catching landlocked salmon is they bite just about anything. If there are around they usually bite. Shrimp underneath a bobber works good for me. I usually have good luck just below the ice to maybe 5 or 6 feet below the ice. small Jigs, or plain hooks with cocktail shrimp or salmon eggs work every time. Good luck

get a hold of here soon before the sportsman show and I'll show you want to buy and we can hook up to go out. Send me a pm
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK