Thread: Kenai db309 info?

Default Kenai db309 info?

Been hunting every weekend at my cabin but dont see much durring the day. Just looking for some info or possibly a problem bear. I am out funny river road and see one most every night just after dark.

Boy, I would hunt the funny river out there. Find a spawning hole or side creek the bears are using and set up a tree stand. There are a ton of spawning creeks and rivers in that area to find brown brears on. A guy got a monster brown bear on the Kenai river just below Skilak by anchoring near a spawning hole and watching bears. He saw many and shot the biggest. That permit starts just below skilak. Good luck!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

My parents over off of Big eddy rd have had brn bears almost every night on their front porch so far 5 different ones. One single smaller boar and a sow with three cubs and there is reports of two others in the area but not sure what they are.
    To me that is impressive having that many in the neighborhood that close to town considering there is only 4-600 on the entire peninsula......Yea right

Finaly got one! Eight and a half foot. Thanks for the info sollybugCIMG3119.jpg

Great to see that tag get used! Nice bear!

Default someday

Man I hope the Permit gods shine on me someday, would love the oportunity to hunt that tag.

Tekla, I am in Afghanistan. I was drawn for DB309 for this fall. Think I can get any pointers on the area? Looking forward to an awesome hunt. Trying to put plans together already. Never too early. I appreciate any information you can share.

Stang. I sent you a pm. Thanks for your service.

Tekla,

Getting ready to head back soon. Sent you a PM. Appreciate the help.