Thread: Floatation pods on wooldridge

Smile Floatation pods on wooldridge

Hi! I bought a 16' wooldridge with a yamaha 100/75 jet tiller. The boat is in anchoradge and I am looking for some one to add some flotation pods on the back. any suggestions would be appreciated

Default Beavertail & Silverstreak

Buy them over the internet from Beavertail and have Silverstreak in Anchorage weld them on. I did this with my old boat (an 18' welded crestliner) and it came out great.

If you don't buy from Beavertail, at least read their website to learn about pod design, many pods are poorly designed and end up functioning as trim tabs that are out of trim and can reduce your boats performance when on step.

Pods cost $350 welding was another $400. That was about six years ago.

Check dimensions to be sure you have enough clearance for the jet foot as it swings around, and think about anything else that might have to be moved such as transducer mount.

Quote Originally Posted by akwolverine View Post
    Hi! I bought a 16' wooldridge with a yamaha 100/75 jet tiller. The boat is in anchoradge and I am looking for some one to add some flotation pods on the back. any suggestions would be appreciated
    I live in fairbanks, so not much help for a welder fabricator recomendation. But will say, make sure that they do not follow the bottom of the hull.
    They bottom of the pods needs to taper up as they go back, otherwise they most likely will have a tendency to push the bow down and that be will be quite annoying.
    If you choose to buy some form outside, you will have the shipping expense and they may need to be modified to fit the Wooly once you get them.I would think a good fabricator could make them to fit your boat for a reasonable cost.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR