Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juneau Wolves

Default Juneau Wolves

Thought all you Juneau boys should know the wolves are back on Douglas Island...

Heard they are making a killing on the deer as well...

Someone needs to get out there and take care of that problem ASAP....

They never left . . .

S-S-S

2 years ago I called in a pack that never came out of the brush, I just heard them and saw a few flashing glimpses. This was on the backside of Douglas. Another guy I know saw one on S. Douglas.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

This particular one appears to be the same one I saw on Back Loop earlier this year - Compared both photos and they have the same markings and size....

jwolf

OMG! DO something now before they kill everything! BAHAHAHA! Juneau wolves?? Heaven forbid Alaskan animals come within range of our capital.. Call the authorities, alert our public, omg the wolves passed through town you bunch of pansies.. Might as well be a couple of Apaches snoopin on the neighborhood..

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    This particular one appears to be the same one I saw on Back Loop earlier this year - Compared both photos and they have the same markings and size....

Wow you really need to rethink posting on a thread you know nothing about. We have no concern about wolves being in and near the capitol. There has always been a healthy population on the mainland portion of Juneau. Douglas Island is the major deer population for Juneau. There have been very few wolves on the island. The fact that sightings are increasing is very notable since wolves are deer eating machines. So please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    OMG! DO something now before they kill everything! BAHAHAHA! Juneau wolves?? Heaven forbid Alaskan animals come within range of our capital.. Call the authorities, alert our public, omg the wolves passed through town you bunch of pansies.. Might as well be a couple of Apaches snoopin on the neighborhood..

Well put sir!

Jwolf,
    If Apaches were involved, they would have tamed the wolf and taught it to catch the deer for the Juneau public, along with Gov Palin, to feast upon. And if she had more wild game to consume, she may have choosen to remain the Gov of our great state.
    That road surface clearly looks like a juneau area road. Very well maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    Wow you really need to rethink posting on a thread you know nothing about. We have no concern about wolves being in and near the capitol. There has always been a healthy population on the mainland portion of Juneau. Douglas Island is the major deer population for Juneau. There have been very few wolves on the island. The fact that sightings are increasing is very notable since wolves are deer eating machines. So please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut.
    Beat me to it. Well said.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I think Jwolf's post are as welcome as anyone..............even clueless folks always in the wrong can post here.
    Juneau boys, get your snares out!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Yeah, I heard them howling several years ago while I was up on Eaglecrest...
    Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    They never left . . .

S-S-S

A wolf has gotta eat, just like the worms and buzzards!

Quote Originally Posted by aksquirrel View Post
    A wolf has gotta eat, just like the worms and buzzards!
    The outlaw josey wales !!!!

Had a long talk with Ryan Scott, area bio two days ago. Wolves confirmed on the island. He's actually surprised a lucky deer hunter hasn't taken one, yet.
    Season is open for hunting them right now. Trapping season starts Nov. 1. We can take up to three wolves off the island before a closure will go into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    Someone needs to get out there and take care of that problem ASAP....
    What's the problem?

The short version is Douglas Is. has a very isolated deer population that is heavily hunted by Juneau residents. Many don't have a boat to hunt the other islands in this area. The last time a pack of wolves occupied Douglas,(about 6 years ago), the herd was hit HARD. This is a fairly small island, and it won't take long for the effects to be seen. If this were the interior, predator control would already be implemented.

jwolf

Oh, your cute.. Obviously you missed the humor but, really, Iím not surprised.. AT ALL..
    Deer eating machines? Yeah, me too.. Hey, as long as nobody wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars, of the 'peoples' money, in court time & costs to kill 7 wolves I'm a happy critter.. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post

Thanks for the post but why after this picture was their not a rifle report and a picture in the pic post of a dead wolf. Of course after it left the road way and you did as well

jwolf

Hmm.. Perhaps they want to draw attention to a particular problem that they can, or canít handle themselves.. Perhaps to waste another 500K in court cost to kill 2 or 4 wolves dependant on the state government to take care of things.. Perhaps after court costs we can pay an additional and extraordinary amount of money to hire the state to shoot them w/ helicopters so that this tiny area feels safe from the intruding wolf population.. Because, you know, a couple wolves are real **** spooky.. The whole thing cracks me up.. Sorry, but itís kinda funny.. Like, if you care so much trap em (if you know how) or ďshut your mouth,Ē cause some of us are tired of paying for your mediocre complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Oh, your cute.. Obviously you missed the humor but, really, Iím not surprised.. AT ALL..
    Deer eating machines? Yeah, me too.. Hey, as long as nobody wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars, of the 'peoples' money, in court time & costs to kill 7 wolves I'm a happy critter.. Cheers!
    Why would Fed or State funded predator control be required? Those "pansies" as you called them, will just take care of it themselves. What humor? You mean the offensive comments you made that were directed at people who live in Juneau? Of course they took offense. So did I. 90% of Southeast Wolves diet is Deer. So yeah like he said..."deer eating machines". You got anymore ignorant posts for us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast