Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highwater Weekend in the Wooldridge...

Default Highwater Weekend in the Wooldridge...

…high winds, high water, and rain….still had a good time…

http://www.youtube.com/toshiroak#p/u/0/muksKBOAW4o
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Wow dude, you really idolize your boat with all those videos, and the back ground music was lame. After spending all that money on that wooldridge (or accruing debt) do you ever do any other river than the 20 mile suburb river?

Regarding some of you other rediculous videos, you shooting that rabbit with a .204 and laughing hysterically about it was disgusting. You destroyed a small game animal with a high powered rifle and you have no respect for mother nature.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Wow dude, you really idolize your boat with all those videos.

I only have one idol...it is certainly not a boat....but he rides along with me and my kids every trip keeping an eye on us...

I do however really enjoy the boat…probably the same way you enjoy your canoe…and you know what, a lot of other folks enjoy it too…

do you ever do any other river than the 20 mile suburb river?

I put over 100 hours on my boat each season...that was the 3rd time that I've run that river…

...so let’s assume I’ve only made 60 boat trips in the last 5 years…if I only ran 20 Mile 3 times then my answer is “YES, 95% of the time I run a river other than the 20 Mile”…..where’s the “rolls eyes” emoticon when you need it?...

...Don’t worry Mainer, If I run into you on the 20 Mile in your canoe, you’ll know it’s me because I’ll be the guy off step and idling past you….because that’s the kind of guy I am…

Regarding some of you other rediculous videos, you shooting that rabbit with a .204 and laughing hysterically about it was disgusting. You destroyed a small game animal with a high powered rifle and you have no respect for mother nature.

Well, watch it again and look to the left side of the screen…you’ll see the twig that the bullet hit….you’ve commented about ballistics before so you know the light weight .204 is easily deflected….of all the bunnies shot that year, that was the ONLY one where the head was missed…..nothing was salvageable so the bunny was used as trapping bait, not wasted….

Perhaps one day I can reach the level of Outdoorsmanship and overall intelligence that you have Mainer….I feel blessed that you’d even consider offering your opinion to one of my petty threads….Thank you…

It is easy to criticize when you don’t know the facts, I’m sure you wouldn’t do that….but the question is…. What would you do if you did?.....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Looks like another good trip! Anytime you can get out and enjoy time spent with friends and family is the right step in my book. Keep'em coming.

-- Gambler

bla,bla,bla...
    Why did you come to this thread in the first place. Toshiro enjoys making videos, and he knows we enjoy watching them. Whats with the accruing debt comment? Are you his financial advisor? Do you enjoy bringing others down to make yourself feel better? Maybe you should get off your high horse and off the internet, so others can enjoy Alaska without having someone belittle them.

Joe

On the other hand....Another quality video Toshiro!
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Great video, TJM yet again.

Excellent response to a rediculous post. As soon as he/she referred Ram Jam Black Betty as lame music, his/her post lost all credibility with me!!

First off your videos ROCK!!!. I am totally digging your choice of music and I get your "theme". Welcome "back" with the "black" Wooldridge. I commend you on your choice of family over things when you sold your other boat.

For many in today's USA, passion is a hard concept to grasp. Too many people confuse passion with obsession or idolization. Doing what one loves and doing it to the fullest is what living is all about. I have been inspired and entertained by every one of your videos. Your passion for jet boating and producing high quality videos is hitting me full on in the face and I'm loving it. Please don't let the haters on the forum run you out or deter you from posting your awesome videos. I for one am looking forward to your next production.

Wow dude, you really idolize your boat with all those videos,.
    I often film my predator hunts/ calling when I have someone else come out with me and its not completely dark out. Because I film myself doing something I love mean I idolize myself or my calling abilitys?

Wow dude, you really idolize your boat with all those videos, and the back ground music was lame. After spending all that money on that wooldridge (or accruing debt) do you ever do any other river than the 20 mile suburb river?

Thanks for posting another great video and I enjoyed your selection in music as well!!! Looks like a fun run.

Wow, and here I was under the belief that the device affixed to the front of my windscreen was just put there to smear the water drops into a grimy opaque film, which by the way works great to keep me from having to actually witness the boat slamming into a gravel bar. Apparently on your boat it works to clear the water away so you can see out.... Who would have thought?

Great video. I love watching that boat run those rivers.

Terrorizing ducks you were, I seen with my own eyes...........Shame on you..............!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Awesome for sure. I've got a 40hp outboard that was given to me I've been meaning to get a small jon for. After seeing how tight some of that stuff gets I wonder how much of a learning curve it is to drive in those tight spaces. If you even need a partner let me know. I'd love to go for a ride.

Ha T you keep on doing what you do I love watching some people seem to have to ***** about something to make themselfs feel good

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Terrorizing ducks you were, I seen with my own eyes...........Shame on you..............!
    Those ducks just flew the wrong way from what I could tell. Looking at the depth of the water I don't think that coming off step to let them get out of dodge was an option, nor was leaving the channel. On the positive side I imagine they will have something to quack about now on their long flight south.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Those ducks just flew the wrong way from what I could tell. Looking at the depth of the water I don't think that coming off step to let them get out of dodge was an option, nor was leaving the channel. On the positive side I imagine they will have something to quack about now on their long flight south.
    Apperently I am not very good at sarcastic humor...................will have to work on that..............HA.!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Fun vid, as per usual. However, Black Betty, while a "classic", is very overused, IMO
    I'd like to see some Molly Hatchet, Flirtin With Disaster. The Stones Gimmee Shelter would be awesome as well.
    Your fans want more darnit!! What about some footy from that trip where you were getting airborne?? That looked pretty, uh, interesting
    And since the season is winding down, how about some shots of the hull, just to see the how its been doing.
    I always hate coming upon ducks in the river and you can't stop. Had that happen a bunch of times on our Moose camping trip. Round the corner, shallow, Mergansers!! Can't stop, all you can do is swing the stern out and try not to hit the poor lil guys with the wake. They always seem to come out just fine though, they are ducks after all, and do well in, on, or under water. Better than being chased by Eagles or Ospreys.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

tjm I enjoyed your video! I enjoyed the classy way you handled that Maine(iac) as well. I would have lambasted his backside.
    I still want to but i'm restraining myself grrrrrr!
    hey Maine(iac) if you're listening you better don your cast iron boxers and cinch up the chin strap on that crash helmet your moms bought you because I'm gettin twitchy over here
    Last edited by fullbush; 10-07-2010 at 09:58. Reason: ok so i couldn't hold back but at least i tried

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    tjm I enjoyed your video! I enjoyed the classy way you handled that Maine(iac) as well. I would have lambasted his backside.
    I still want to but i'm restraining myself grrrrrr!
    hey Maine(iac) if you're listening you better don your cast iron boxers and cinch up the chin strap on that crash helmet your moms bought you because I'm gettin twitchy over here

PM me a time and a place and I'll meet you for a "coffee" any time of the week. That's the good thing about me, there is no transparent shield for your internet bravado, I'm always available for a face to face if you find the need. With that said....I do respect you greatly for the offer........good old fasioned courage yah have there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast