Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish & Game office being overrun?

Default Fish & Game office being overrun?

I drove by the Fish and Game office today around 7 to check out the line for Ship Creek registration and there was probably about 50 people there. I knew it was a popular hunt, because I have done it the past few years, but dang.

what hunt is this ? archery moose?

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

No, its the late season rifle hunt for moose in Ship Creek Valley.

I thought u could get that online maybe I should check the regs

You should have seen it at 0730...Wow!! 100 folks out there in line (give or take a couple). Really hope that those 100 that DO get a tag actually use it but for some reason I doubt alot of them will.

Serves F&G right. You can go in there when there are 6 people, and they can still find a way to take their sweet @$$ time.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I was in line at 0500 this morning and was #55 in line. The office didn't open until 0800, but I did get and plan on using one of the 101 tags. On a seperate note, the gentleman that helped me at the office told me the license I printed after I bought it online was not valid and only temporary. There was some disagreement about this among the staff there, but the one guy helping me told me it was not. The guy next to him said that was stupid and I was good. There is nothing on the printed license that indicates it is temporary or that I was required to do any follow up after printing it. He says I have to have a yellow one like you would get from a vendor. Anyone have any insight to offer on this, I bought it and printed it while in AFG and have been using it since.
    Thanks

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan J View Post
    I was in line at 0500 this morning and was #55 in line. The office didn't open until 0800, but I did get and plan on using one of the 101 tags. On a seperate note, the gentleman that helped me at the office told me the license I printed after I bought it online was not valid and only temporary. There was some disagreement about this among the staff there, but the one guy helping me told me it was not. The guy next to him said that was stupid and I was good. There is nothing on the printed license that indicates it is temporary or that I was required to do any follow up after printing it. He says I have to have a yellow one like you would get from a vendor. Anyone have any insight to offer on this, I bought it and printed it while in AFG and have been using it since.
    Thanks
    says right on the temporary one to retain in your possession until the permanent one arrives in the mail... norm is 2 weeks.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince - this one doesn't say anywhere that it is temporary. Nor does it say that one will be arriving in the mail, that is what F&G guy #1 was telling me. F&G guy #2 said the online licensing is fairly new and what I have is valid. The top says "State of Alaska Sport License", it has a confirmation number, a license number, says it's good January until December, "Please carry this license with you while fishing, hunting or trapping", my physical description, "this license is not valid until signed and dated" and I signed and dated it back on 15 January.
    I dunno?

Just talked to the Licensing Section in Juneau and what I have is good. For everyone's future reference you can buy and print your license online, if it has the Department of Fish and Game logo on the top and a signature block on the bottom it is a valid license.

I buy mine online and print out enough copies for the boat, truck, and one in my main backpack. I keep the one they send me in the mail in my hunting gear, but it is nice to have a copy just in case I forget the one they mail me.

One of my buddies stopped into F&G about 845 and all the tags were gone. Hope all 101 hunters have a good pair of show shoes!!!!

The word in the line was that the first 28 people had actually spent the night there.

I know that #s 30, 31, and 32 showed up about 3:30am. the line was quite short until about 5am... then people started pouring in...

The word in the line was that the first 28 people had actually spent the night there.
    .......WOW.....

Well, the portion after midnight at least... and a pleasant night it was!

Nicely done sir!

yeah i was number 30 and i got there at 3:00am. hope to have a good hunt and hope the snow holds off..... good luck to everyone else trying for it.

personally i liked this better than the online click at 8am type hunt, atleast you know the guys getting there in line early enough to get the tags are serious enough to sit out in the cold for one. i think it will lead to more of the tags actually getting used.

did anyone get an exact number of bulls they are looking to get out of there? i heard from the one guy he thought it was in the 20-30 range.

When I talked to them a couple of nights before they were not clear about the quota, but said around 10-12.

yeah i called today and basicly got laughed at. I was like whats so funny.....didnt know base camp was @ c street and rasberry or i would have packed a tent. Folks who got them better use them!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast