Thread: Geese...?

Default Geese...?

Are there any good areas to hunt geese within a 3 hour drive of anchorage?
    FarouT

If you find them...have over 100 goose decoys and will travel...lol

Just so you know, about this time of fall, there is generally a few days on the hayflats when the geese pass through. They will hang around the flats for a day or two up to a week or a bit more. Last week when i was hunting during the week, there was a big bunch working about a half mile from me, constantly up and down and moving in short hops. The area i was at was void of hunters and i didn't go chasing them. Right now is the best time to be out looking, I would be but am trying to finish a small addition on my home before the snow flies. I think its a bit late for geese further north, like Fbk. Bud

Right now is the time as of a day ago. Literally clouds of geese have been seen at Coffee Point heading towards the valley in the morning. My partner was on patrol last night in Anchorage and for a 3 hour window last night late they were hauling south.

2 weeks ago they were in the mudd flats across the inlet - flocks of hundreds. They were on the flats all day long. I would imagine that if you could camo your boat up with a blind of some kind and set some deeks they would come right in - lots of younguns that haven't been shot at before.