Thread: Sutton Grouse Hunt

Default Sutton Grouse Hunt

Harvested three fat ckickens on a south facing slope at about 3pm on Saturday. It was a great day out, and I gotta chance to shoot my new Ruger Super Blackhawk .44. It was hoot. Nothing beats a fine autumn day hunting in Alaska. What a place.

trying to post pic...

Nice, i was out there 3 weeks ago and seen a few while riding the 4 wheeler around. Hope to get a few of those for the freezer when i get back in town. Gotta love the single shot .410, congrats.

I am assuming that you were hunting with a buddy and one of those three birds is his..... correct?

Oops,,uh oh...What is it? Two a day , Four in posession? But boy are those ruffies good eating.

Yeah, what those other guys said. You may consider not saying what gmu you were in or somehow not blatantly advertising you killed one too many birds.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

My GF was with me and driving the 4-wheeler while I scouted and held our terrier.
    But..SHEESH..That's all you guys gotta say, man...tough crowd.

Thanks for the kind words JR. I really like that single shot, it's alot of fun.

Here she is, what a hotty!

Decent, your lucky to have a girl that likes to kill stuff with you. That first post didnt start with "My girlfriend and I harvested" or even "I harvested", and I jumped to the wrong conclusion apparantly.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Nah, No assumptions of illegal actions on my part but I will certainly give a "poke and a nudge" if someone posts up something that looks a little fishy just to point out the need for clarification. We already had a guy last year get popped for taking too many cutthroat trout out of a SE lake so the LEO's are watching the boards.

Anyway, those Ruffies are great eating! Did you jump any bunnies while you were kicking around? Also, did you let the little lady put a few rounds through the Ruger BH? My wife started shooting pistols with my Redhawk and the American Eagle budget ammo.

Yep, she actually shot one of the grouse with her .22. She was so excited.
    We saw many more birds, a couple more tree rodents, and just one bunny. He did look like he was getting a nice white coat, almost all white.
    Thanks for the posts fellas, I am one lucky guy to have such an awesome girl.
    She has never shot my Blackhawk, but will soon I am sure, she loves guns. You might notice the box of American Eagle .44's mags on the front of the wheeler. I think I will start her out on some .44 specials, and then work up to .44 magnum's. Don't want to scare her off!

I love that 410, what kind is it?

Is 11 months too young for a girlfriend in Alaska? Meet Katy. Loves to hunt and never steals the covers. Hates lobster and crab legs too.

Katys_Grouse.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    Is 11 months too young for a girlfriend in Alaska? Katys_Grouse.jpg
    I suppose it depends on your level of "intimacy"

Well, she does not ride around on my 4wheeler holding our terrier, but we're intimate enough that she lets me warm up my hands under her neoprene vest when we duck hunt.

MrPoke, It's an oldish Savage stevens model .410. If anyone has a single shot 28 gauge I might trade.....
    And SkinnyD...1 year is the perfect time to get a b**ch outdoors huntin', we are talking about dogs, right?