I want to use rafters for my roof. What should I use for the ridge pole? I was thinking of using two BCI's nailed together. Is this an overkill/adequate? What kind of standard is there when determining the ridge pole size?

I plan on having a window centered on my gable. Do I need to frame the window in normally then build a support off the header that will hold the ridge poles?

Also what is the preferred way to attach the rafters on the wall? Should I cut in a bull nose then use hangers, or can I just sit them on the wall with hangers?

Thanks for the help!