Thread: Rhino Lining?

Default Rhino Lining?

Is there any true value in having Rhino Lining sprayed on the inside of a flatbottom riverboat, or is this overkill. We are looking into buying a new one and heard someone talking about having the inside of the hull sprayed with Rhino Lining to prevent leaks. Don't want to spend a bunch of money on that idea if its just overkill.

Depends on the boat and what you are going to do with it. I would like a good line-X on the floorboards of my boat just to add some traction, seal the boards really well and aid in clean up. If the application was going directly on the metal of a jon style boat then it may add a little bit of protection from a sharp rock punching through and would likely deaden some of the noise. The vast majority of boats never see a drop of bed liner added to them and people fish from them just fine.

PS, if you do add a bed liner, seek out a LineX dealer. Hands down the best spray on available. (People who don't agree have not tried it)

Quote Originally Posted by germe1967 View Post
    Is there any true value in having Rhino Lining sprayed on the inside of a flatbottom riverboat, or is this overkill. We are looking into buying a new one and heard someone talking about having the inside of the hull sprayed with Rhino Lining to prevent leaks. Don't want to spend a bunch of money on that idea if its just overkill.
    A waste, IMO, if its new it shouldnt leak. If you hit something and you get a leak, fix the leak. Rhino lining isnt going to prevent a leak if you hit something. Most likely you would have to remove it to fix .Plus its expensive and it adds weight.....................Nice for floorboards tho.........!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Might quiet the boat down some but for a leaking issue, I would think you'd want to address that from the outside in, not from the inside out. Plus, if there is or could be an issue, I'd want to know about it asap and not have it concealed from view.