Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anchor River

Default Anchor River

Has anyone been fishing down on Anchor River or Deep Creek lately? I am heading down that way this week and wondering how the conditions are and if anything in particular is working well right now. Thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by Dallman3 View Post
    Has anyone been fishing down on Anchor River or Deep Creek lately? I am heading down that way this week and wondering how the conditions are and if anything in particular is working well right now. Thanks for any info
    Check the USGS gauge before you go! It's very high right now, visibility ~1 inch but the river is finally dropping. Intermittent rain the forecast every day this week, but who knows. One more day with no rain the Anchor will be fishablbe but still quite murky. I wouldn't waste your time until the river level gets below 1.6 ft per the usgs station.

Deep tends to track the Anchor so expect about the same there.

Good information okisutch on checking the usgs gauge for the Anchor.

Drove to Homer & back yesterday and the Anchor was still pretty much unfishable late in the evening but Deep Creek had improved 100% and it has some visablity. Stopped and hiked up to just above the Slide Hole area and even though the water was still really high it was fishable. I could see my feet while standing in thigh deep water so would guess that there was around 16 inches of visibilty.

Cool, glad to hear Deep is looking good. I don't think that area got as much rain as Homer.

Cool

Fished 3 days and did well!
    Attachment 40257

How much longer will the steelhead be running? Will fishing be Good for the rest of the month? What's the most effective tackle fishing with a baitcaster?

Thanks
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Attachment 40257
    Nice looking fish!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

That is a beautiful KP steelhead. Just a piece of advice though, if you want to avoid a s@#tstorm I would not post any pictures of one out of the water. I am sure you handled it correctly and it swam away fine but removing Steelhead from the waters of KP creeks is illegal and posting pictures on a public forum may cause you heartburn.

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

I hear you Ptarmigan, especially from that river. The Steelhead run on the Anchor is a very contravercial subject for most of the town and a lot of people from around there. They get hit really hard b/c people from all over come to fish them out nad don't know when to stop. But such is life. Anyways beautiful fish. But like the man said Keep it in the water. Take care all

Attachment 40257
    Please read the regs...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

You know your all ways going to have some haters out there. Fish jealousy is a *****. That fish was handled very carefully and quickly. I know the regulations and seriously that was the only fish I took a pic of. You know this forum seriously is more hassle than its worth. There is so much bickering and bull****. Its like a middle school cafeteria. You have to wade through the **** to get any decent fishing info. I share lots of info with people and have no problems helping people getting into fish. More than I get here. I work as a fisherman in AK and have all respect and care for the fisheries in Ak. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for not being a hater. This is my last posting.

It's all good, just don't break the law and people wont get pissed.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

ha no kidding!

You know your all ways going to have some haters out there. Fish jealousy is a *****. That fish was handled very carefully and quickly. I know the regulations and seriously that was the only fish I took a pic of. You know this forum seriously is more hassle than its worth. There is so much bickering and bull****. Its like a middle school cafeteria. You have to wade through the **** to get any decent fishing info. I share lots of info with people and have no problems helping people getting into fish. More than I get here. I work as a fisherman in AK and have all respect and care for the fisheries in Ak. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for not being a hater. This is my last posting.
    Yeah dude chill out and read the regs... Just trying to help out the resource, and you not get a ticket

I clicked on the attachment and didn't get to see any pics it just said contact an administrator. I hope I didn't miss some killer steelhead pics

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I clicked on the attachment and didn't get to see any pics it just said contact an administrator. I hope I didn't miss some killer steelhead pics
    me to, contact initiated, " I want to see!"

It was a decent fish held way out of the water... Which is a no no on the Anchor... Hence my comments

yeah well if people think the Anchor is the end all for steelhead fishing they got another thing coming. Oh yeah it not the northern most steelhead run, not by a long shot

Hey bigmouth keep that under your hat. If three guys with snorkels and drysuits say it is then it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast