Thread: Making Salsa

Default Making Salsa

I'm going to make salsa out of my left over tomatos.

I've looked up some recipes on the net, just thought I'd pick your brains for some of your fav. dishs.

How do you keep your salsa? frozen?, caned?, or on the shelf in the frig?

Thanks.

MMMMMMMM
    Ilove doing this about 2 times a year I put my tomatos in the frezzer and when Iam ready take them out and the skin comes right off
    The onions,( white and red) peppers (3 kinds Bell sweat and hot) and the garlic all come out of my garden I can mine and give them out
    at Christmas For recipes get a canning book and start with a basic one and add the things you like the beast if you like it garlicy just add more garlic you know what I mean I go down to the store and get me a cuple of packets salsa mix and a 6 pack of beer and make a day of it
    Its lots of fun and I can say this is all from my garden Be safe and Enjoy

I usually make small enough batches to keep it in the fridge until it is gone (my kids and I make "macho nachos" they put the diced up ingredients on the chips and then get to enjoy having 'made dinner' that night and I love it on those). I can put away quite a bit of salsa in a weeks time. When I make some I like cilantro as a must have ingredient.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Rock Skipper
    How did your salsa turn out? Did you can any?