Thread: ATV Snow Plow

Default ATV Snow Plow

All,

I am interested in having a snow plow installed on my 4-wheeler. Any suggestions on type, where to get it done, price, etc....?

Gusto

I am happy with my Cycle Country Plow. But the others look equally good. If you look there are some plows on craigslist but the prices aren't much less than a new one so if it is good shape it might be a good deal. However the plows can take a beating and getting it to fit to a mount that hasn't been "tweaked" with it can be a pain so you might be better off going new. The plows & extension tubes are pretty much universal and the mounting system is custom for your ATV. I think all the dealers carry them. You are looking at least $500. But it is a helluva lot funner than walking behind a snowblower.

I just bought a swivel plow and attcatchments for 75 dollars.( Hand job) Have to buy the plate for the hookup, another 100, then see if I can use it, lol. If not then it will be another couple of hundred for the plow winch.

You can save a lot of cabbage buying used. I just bought a Cycle Country plow for $125 (used - craigslist) and spent another $45 on a mount for my Kodiak (new - ebay). It's a 48-inch pivot plow, and mounted up just fine using my winch to lift it. Maybe it's just me, but $170 for a used set up seems better than $450 for the same thing new. Besides, recycling is a good thing, right? Now I just have to have to wait for some snow to see how well it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

$400- for the Polaris one from Hartley motors, it's 60" wide and has the quick attach and disconnect. Uses your winch to raise and lower the blade, swivels with the flick of a lever at the plow. Nothing to fumble with when you want to hook it up or detach it from the wheeler.
    Works great, takes a licking and still performs.
    BK

You will need to find the stuff that fits your wheeler. Try the dealer if you can't find the right set up on Craigs List or E Bay

just buy my tractor, its got a plow with wings, chains and a big snowblower.
    Semper Fi!