Thread: Kenai 2010 Alaska Video Slideshow

Default Kenai 2010 Alaska Video Slideshow

Did my annual Kenai trip from 11-19 September, and as usual, the fishing was stellar. Floated the "Middle" T-W-TH-F with uber guide Matt Duncan (907-223-0381), and I must say the economy is taking it's toll on the number of people out, as the only day that was relatively crowded was Fri. It was a good big fish year with four fish over 30" landed, topped by a 32". However, medium sized fish numbers (24-28" were down quite a bit from previous years, and smaller fish numbers (<22" were very good. The pink run was quite small this year, with ridiculously low numbers of pinks hooked compared to the norm! All in all, a fantastic trip that only cost $1,200 per person for the eight days---- a bargain compared to other "exotic" fishing destinations!
    Click on the link to view a slideshow for the trip
    http://ani...zUbuUb5iQ?autostart=true

Nice video but what’s up with the guide holding all the fish?

Most guides will hold the fish for their client's. This is to reduce the chances of mis handling the fish. I like the fact that the guides do this, they know how to handle th efish better and chances are they won't drop the fish.

Is this on the request of the clients or does the guide require this? Perhaps these are some folks that can't handle a fish safely, but I'd be awfully insulted and disappointed if my guide demanded that he and only he handles the fish. Awesome fish video! All very respectable Bows and Dollies!

No, Matt does not require that only he holds the fish. As CMO said, most guides prefer to hold the fish for safety sake of the fish. And since I am all thumbs, I really don't want to hurt/kill a beautiful fish.

Nice slide show, looks like you were using a slime line or a ghost tip. Good to see as I thought the Kenai was mostly a glow bug show for rainbows.

Whatever the case wonderfull photos and I cannot wait to hit that river!