Thread: On the grid security

Default On the grid security

I thought this looked like a pretty slick security addition for those of you with on the grid recreational cabins.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2141_200422141

This takes the good old fashioned motion sensor light up to the next level!

Default old stuff...

The high-tech (at that time) baby monitor I bought 3 years ago came with that exact technology, and it still works.

Does exactly does what your link says yours does. Since my baby has outgrown it, most of mine is now in a drawer somewhere; let me know if you need me to look up its make/model so you can look it up and see.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    The high-tech (at that time) baby monitor I bought 3 years ago came with that exact technology, and it still works.

Does exactly does what your link says yours does. Since my baby has outgrown it, most of mine is now in a drawer somewhere; let me know if you need me to look up its make/model so you can look it up and see.
    So how did your infant sleep when every time it moved a 500 watt floodlight switched on and took it's picture?

Funny that for a guy opposed to an electronically enhanced sniper system with a range of 1/2 mile you seem to have no problem sitting back 6000+ miles away and taking pot shots at me from your keyboard....

That looks cool...it would be a long stretch on top of the garage every time I wanted to check the pics tho.

Default Come on down! oops, I mean up.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    So how did your infant sleep when every time it moved a 500 watt floodlight switched on and took it's picture?

Funny that for a guy opposed to an electronically enhanced sniper system with a range of 1/2 mile you seem to have no problem sitting back 6000+ miles away and taking pot shots at me from your keyboard....
    That wasn't about you; it was about a gadget. I'm kind of a gadget guy. C'mon over for a cold one when you get back, OK? Please?

It should work on a battery and invertor too! 500W light, plus the camera. Might be the ticket for anyone with batteries and a small solar panel.

Mine uses an infra red camera, so no big light needed. wireless connection to computer, which can be configured to record a movie whenever there is motion onscreen.

It also can be configured to put out streaming video over the Internet so you can watch anyplace (light or dark) from anywhere.

Again, I'm just describing what came with my baby monitor. Its a nice one. Brand name mobi I believe.

FamilyMan, you are right, it is the Mobi mobicam. I does have the internet capability as a add on, that would be good if a person doesn't get to the cabin very often. Thanks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobicam-Ba...nitor/10263832

Default And that's 5 year old technology

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    FamilyMan, you are right, it is the Mobi mobicam. I does have the internet capability as a add on, that would be good if a person doesn't get to the cabin very often. Thanks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobicam-Ba...nitor/10263832
    That's it, thanks.

I can tell you that its cheap, and it does work. I bought it initially to allow family members to see our newborn anytime of the day over the internet, and then added the exterior camera because it cost almost nothing, yet is excellent for having eyes in front of your house anytime you want, for added security.

Mine must be 5+ years old now, because that is old the "newborn" now is.

I also like the feature where if anything in the picture moves, it starts recording. and you can filter out dumb stuff like the cat walking past by setting a couple of adjustable sensitivity features.

If I were Claude, I'd set one out front to take movies of every caribou or bear that passes by, just to showoff to guests.