Thread: ALASKA Magazine article

Default ALASKA Magazine article

I may be a day late and dollar short in posting this, but just wanted to get the word out there that the October issue of Alaska Magazine has GREAT article(s) on the Winter season of fishing the Kenai and another article about the "Four Seasons of Fishing".

Beautiful fly fishing pics and just all around good reading!

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone. I'm still old-school and love to flip the pages of Alaska mag rather than click the article online, so it may be online, it may not be...I don't know.
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Cool Kristie I'm gonna check it out! I know I used to spend many a winter night flipping through my parents Alaska Mags reading the articles and looking at the pics dreaming.

Thanks for the tip! Just picked up a copy to read for myself. Good concept article but not much for detail which is probably good. There is just so much more to winter fishing on the Kenai but maybe a ton of people would just show up if they knew. Probably would never turn into another Russian though as the winter weather would keep most people at home.

The beautiful thing about winter fishing in the Kenai is that it can be ridiculously slow in addition to the crazy cold. Most people just aren't willing to freeze their nether regions off for a chance or two at a decent fish. This might make those of us who are willing seem a bit loco, but so be it, I like the solitude and the scenery; catching fish is secondary.

Kristie, nice meeting you and Dale recently. It was a pleasure.

October issue.

One good article about rainbows was available online for anyone interested....

http://www.fishalaskamagazine.com/ar...0_FiveFor.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default its a small, small world (said in a shrilly voice)

I apologize to anyone that's been to Disneyland, for that title. If you've been there, you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post

One good article about rainbows was available online for anyone interested....

http://www.fishalaskamagazine.com/ar...0_FiveFor.html
    But that's what I thought of when I followed your link dan, and ran across at that site the recipe for a dish We'd just had in our recent Homer Trip, a recipe from Lands End:

http://www.fishalaskamagazine.com/re...butIliamna.htm

Which was part of the inspiration that led us down the path to where we fed you and Carrie my local friend Nick's version of the Ilimna crab dip on top of some of my salmon when you were here lately.

While still a work in progress for me, its a fun journey. And having Lands End Resort's recipe (link above) will be a step up in liberating myself from relying on local Nick's work in this regard.

Good deal. Anything that "inspires" crab dip on salmon is topshelf to me. That was some amazing stuff.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Just got my "Alaska" magazine in the mail. See I was talking about "Fish Alaska" last night with the article I linked. The "Alaska" magazine articles Kristie mentioned are great. More fishing info than I am used to seeing in "Alaska". Nice.

-Dan

Was great to meet you and Carrie as well. Sure hope the rest of your trip went well.
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan