Thread: Sunday Chores

Default Sunday Chores

Here's what you do when the wife hounds you to all day to vaccume!!
    photo[1] (2).jpgphoto[1].jpg
    Just got my new toy a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to go out and shoot it. The gun is a Bushmaster ACR 5.56/223, shoots great & is about as simple to break down and clean as it gets. Anyone else have one of these bad boys? This gun is definitely my new favorite to go out and play with, lets see some pictures of what you guys blow up your old vaccumes with!!

Is it heads and tails above the AR, to you?

Cool rifle, I don't think there's any arguing that!!

I'm a fan of the ACR and plan on a purchase. I'm very interested in hearing a field report as to the handling/accuracy of said weapon. Kyle, sorry I didn't get with you last week, I'll be sure to call early this week.

Quote Originally Posted by moses42ak View Post
    Kyle, sorry I didn't get with you last week, I'll be sure to call early this week.
    No worries...life's been crazy here too. Did a bit of painting tonight though...

Quote Originally Posted by moses42ak View Post
    I'm a fan of the ACR and plan on a purchase. I'm very interested in hearing a field report as to the handling/accuracy of said weapon. Kyle, sorry I didn't get with you last week, I'll be sure to call early this week.

I don't have alot of experience with this type of weapon, but as far as accuracy right out of the box the gun was spot on. It basically has no kick to it so I was standing shooting freestyle smaking baseball sized targets dead on out to about 90-100 yards. It strips down for cleaning without the need for tools, and I had the whole gun taken apart in about 45 seconds. It was a bit pricey but it fit me real nice and is a hell of alot of fun to shoot, definitely no "buyers remorse" after I got done at the range today.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Is it heads and tails above the AR, to you?

Cool rifle, I don't think there's any arguing that!!
    My buddy is a gun nut, his main hobby is building up AR's, selling them, and building new ones. I purchase a gun because it fits my hands and feels right to me. My gun nut buddy then tells me the details of it and whether or not it's a good gun. According to him, they basically took everything good about the AR and bulit on it with this gun. I'm not a big fan of cleaning guns after a shoot, and this one is a breeze compared to his AR's with their direct impingement system.