Thread: Moose Breakfast Sausage recipe

Default Moose Breakfast Sausage recipe

Gonna be grinding up some moose this coming Saturday. Lookin' for some good spice recipes for breakfast sausage. Any suggestions?
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Here is a recipe I use for either pork, venison, or a combo of the two. Not sure if moose would work, but can make a small batch & find out for sure.

10# Meat
    2 1/2 TBSP Salt
    1 TBSP Black Pepper
    2 heaping TBSP Rubbed Sage
    1 tsp Ground Ginger
    1 TBSP Nutmeg
    1 TBSP Thyme
    1 to 2 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper (more or less for taste- Two makes a pretty warm sausage, but what I like).
    1 1/2 cup Ice Water

Cut meat in chunks & grind to desired texture. Mix all dry ingredients seperately. Pour water over ground meat. Mix spices by hand into meat. Form into patties. Freeze.

I have made this as a BRATWURST style (in casings), but added 1 1/2 tsp of Dry Mustard

Thanks professor - I also like it spicy so I'll give it a try. We had to postpone grinding until next weekend, so other ideas still welcome and in time to help me out.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Default not a breakfast recipe, just an input.

Sorry, this is not about breakfast sausage. I am making some moose brats right now and i think next time I'll do Italian. The brats are good but I think it's more of a pork only sausage. Just my 2 cents. Next time, I'll be doing moose breakfast as well. Good luck with your's and don't forget that Alaska Butcher Supply has a ton of pre-made seasoning packets as well.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

bumping for kodiak rain man....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Vince, and all,
    I'm on it, copying and printing as I read,
    Grinding, Mixing, Stuffing and Smoking Venison/Bkfst and Summer Sausage last night,

Diving into my Goat Meat stash tonight, SO,

Any special adjustments for Mt. Goat out there?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !