Thread: Can I turn my bushmaster into a youth rifle?

Default Can I turn my bushmaster into a youth rifle?

Seen a DPMS sweet 16 last night at an NRA Banquet. (I didn't win it!!) Looked like an awfully useful kids gun (with proper supervision) and also good winter snogo gun. Had a heavy, fluted, 16 in barrell. I'm in love!
    So, I could just buy one, but that seems costly. Can I get a 16 in fluted upper and maybe a shorter stock to put on the my bushmaster?
    Thanks for any help?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

mike i had a shorter butt-stock on mine for many years for the kids to shoot it.. not that hard to do..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

You betcha,

Check out the Bushmaster web site. They make a solid, short butstock and any flavour of upper/barrel combo. The stock is called an entry stock.??

I'd go a 6 position collapsible (like issued/used on m-4 carbine)... for adjust-ability over all.

A tactical 'entry-type' solid stock is shortened plus beefed up for body armored ops as in C/Q raids on urban dwellings. It's suited ideally for whackin' and smackin' with full gear in stride. As a pure shooting stock -- it is not all that ergonomic.

Mike, my kids 3/4 years old were shooting my S&W M&P 15-22 with a magpul CTR stock at the shortest setting last week.

If you do want the LE shorty fixed stock, I've got one that I'd sell ya on the cheap...

For cheap and easy it is hard to beat the basic 6 pos stocks. I have one on my AR and it works great to quickly set it up for my kids. They have been shooting it since they were 5/6 years old and love it.

Here is one like mine complete with buffer tube, stock, spring and buffer for about $35 + shipping

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ock&groupid=57

Hey, cool Lu.............that's one thing I need at a decent price. Looking at an upper in 6.8remSPC with an 18 in. barrel. Recoil looks light but still enough punch to kill some critters.
    Anyone used the 6.8 in an AR?

MT pm your address I will send you a 6 position stock and tube with the backplate I have like 7 of them I build AR's and have many extra parts. It just needs a buffer spring and buffer.

Sent you a PM on trapperman BSJ.