Thread: Alaskan Jet Ranger

Default Alaskan Jet Ranger

I'm thinking of picking one of thease up as my first boat. Wanting somthin i can fold up so i dont have to trailer it around. really looking for a versitle boat one i can use in the rivers lake ect... but i was wondering how sea worthie it was. Would it be fine trolling around resarection bay for silver's mayby swich to a prop or is it just better to stay in the rivers with it

THANKS

never heard of these boats before, so i did a quick google,,pretty sweet...looks lioke a good, one man hunting/fishing machine!!...not sure what it would hold, but a ,moose quarter at a time would seem possible?...as afar as your question, this year in the "chuck." one man and an imflatable woas taking it out were iwas too afraid to go with my open bow 18 footer??....he would come back soaked etc, but he brought home the halibut!...he had no problem crossing a large bay with big swells!....as far as safe??.....no idea!!...good luck in your search! larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

Stid 2677 has one on the Delta Clearwater thread. Here Jedis vid of it in action I was impressed. http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...18224181fa46b2

It is getting very hard to get the prescribed motor for this boat, as I don't believe any of the manufacturers are making a two stroke 25hp jet. The four strokes are two heavy in that hp range. I don't think it would be the best inflatable for the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperbob View Post
    It is getting very hard to get the prescribed motor for this boat, as I don't believe any of the manufacturers are making a two stroke 25hp jet. The four strokes are two heavy in that hp range. I don't think it would be the best inflatable for the salt.
    I'm pretty sure Steve (stid2677) has a merc 20 hp 2-stroke w/ a jet

They have stopped making the engines in 25hp 2 stroke, but they can still be found. They do make a version designed for the heavier 4 stroke engine.

I use mine every year, I have had 3 adults with gear and a entire black bear in mine and on step.

Best cruise is about 15 to 17 mph it will go a little faster. The bow don't have much rise to it, so I stay clear of any big waves. I use mine in rivers and in PWS chasing bears each spring.

Mine will get about 800 lbs on step, so a entire moose and one guy might be doable, but it would be close to maxing it out. It would haul half at a time without any trouble.

Folds up small and a couple guys can have it going in about 30 minutes.

Youtube video using it.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

"stid2677", that pic of the lady and bear is awesome. I'm sure some of that is the angle the picture is taken at but it's neat anyway.