Thread: Renting Fishing/camping equipment in Anchorage

Default Renting Fishing/camping equipment in Anchorage

Is it possible to rent fishing and or camping equimpment in the Anchorage area? All of my search efforts thus far have been fruitless.

Thumbs up FishON

I was salmon fishing at Ship Creek last year and saw a fishing shack there that rented fishing equipment to salmon fish with in the creek.

Thanks Fishon, it seems logical that a business would rent equipment in this area, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Right at the bridge at ship creek is the shack for renting fishing many of the operators of drop off fishing like tri-rivers offers rental gear

I know there are places that rent gear for longer....just do the googles....hopefully some one else can chime in.

Personally, I would buy the fishing gear if u'll be using it for more than a day or two.....if on a budget just look on e-bay or buy an okuma spinning reel (like an Avenger) and a browning Six Rivers salmon/steelhead rods,....or for indestructible and cheap go for the cabelas Whupppin sticks for 24 dollars (not sesnsitive or graphite). There are other cheap graphite rods like the shakespeare intrepids which I actually really like (just 29 dollars).

Unless they have u pay a premium price for the rental fishing equipment i dount that it'll be that good if it's anything like the rental gear on Party boats here on the east coast.

Thanks for the advise. Bringing equipment sounds like the best opition. I will look-up the equipment you suggested

Default fish gear

bring your own . Rental is expensive and the gear is not great. you can easily bring rods on the plane with you.

Rifle River MI

Default Camping Gear Rental

Go to Traci Harmon's Web site he runs a B & B and rents camping gear. first rate indivudual with First Rate Equipment.

You can also get in touch with him at Alaska Raft and Kayak. I do not believe he rents fishing gear however he will popint you in a good direction.

Tight Lines and Best Wishes.