Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help with Alaska car modifications

Talking Please help with Alaska car modifications

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/kevy/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]car.jpg

I just bought this car and I'm going to drive it to Alaska.Anybody have some ideas for additions before I to move to Alaska. I'm thinking of adding a wood stove to the back end but it would have to be a small one.
    Please help any Alaska modification ideas? all ideas would be appreciated.
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

If that chick mobile doesn't win over COtoAK's sister, nothing will.

Thanks Kingfisherknt
    ya think some fuzzy dice might add color?
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

That car will not work in Alaska- the owner has it backwards. There needs to be a wood stove hanging partly out the window with a stove pipe through the roof. The generator, however, can stay, but there needs to be a rack for firewood on the roof as well.

Love that site, Fixed It For Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AkKevin View Post
    Thanks Kingfisherknt
    ya think some fuzzy dice might add color?
    Don't forget to make it a low-rider and add a spoiler.

King's wrong (as he often is), because Ketchikan isn't REALLY Alaska.
    You need to raise the vehicle, not lower it. I suggest you scrap the shocks and just use solid material to raise it up. You can get bigger tires on it that way too. Permanently mount chains.
    Skip the spoiler also. Add a moose bumper to the front, which can be constructed of old RR rail material. You can make this more aerodynamic by hooking the hub cap you have in your avatar picture to the front of the contraption.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    King's wrong (as he often is), because Ketchikan isn't REALLY Alaska.
    You need to raise the vehicle, not lower it. I suggest you scrap the shocks and just use solid material to raise it up. You can get bigger tires on it that way too. Permanently mount chains.
    Skip the spoiler also. Add a moose bumper to the front, which can be constructed of old RR rail material. You can make this more aerodynamic by hooking the hub cap you have in your avatar picture to the front of the contraption.
    And this is coming from Slodotna.

Sayak[QUOTE= because Ketchikan isn't REALLY Alaska.[/QUOTE]

Sayak what are you telling us -they talk like Canadians putting an A at the end of everything down in Ketchikan? King lives down in an area that doesn't get much snow that's why he's thinking low rider. He's closer to Hawaii .

Love the moose bumper idea. But really Sayak I'm no green horn I know Chains and studs have to come off by What? April 15th?

As far as the avatar pick--there are big nuts under the nut-covers.

Keep the ideas coming-------

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    If that chick mobile doesn't win over COtoAK's sister, nothing will.
    Oh Dude!
    There'll be hussies fighting over him! Kevin, you'll have paternal lawsuits filed before you even get out of the Walmart parking lot.
    Tell the gatekeeper 2, the only reason you roll w/ 3 girls at a time is because your moms insisted that you would only allow girls w/ a full set of teeth to ride in the Lincoln.

looks like it came right out of Yavapai County, Arizona!
    an Az/Ak transplant car.

Maybe a satellite dish mounted on the roof, oh, and maybe some mudder tires.

Quote Originally Posted by AkKevin View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/kevy/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]car.jpg

I just bought this car and I'm going to drive it to Alaska.Anybody have some ideas for additions before I to move to Alaska. I'm thinking of adding a wood stove to the back end but it would have to be a small one.
    Please help any Alaska modification ideas? all ideas would be appreciated.
    Hey Kevin I saw a pair of twins at the Target store yesterday you should be aware of. Oh yeah bud, these girls were a couple lovelies that had matching yellow thongs (formerly white) showing out of their carharts . One of them had a small of the back tattoo that said "I love Houston Ak". I'll quit now so the rest of the forum doesn't all head to the Wasilla Target at once, but what I'm saying is if you hook up w/ these beauties it might not be a bad idea to get some airbags mounted on the suspension of the Lincoln before you get up here...Just sayin

Thanks Fullbush for the heads up on the twins. I was thinking that the Biglake Houston area would be sweet.
    I'm thinking that before I go putting a ton of money into the car maybe trading it in for a pickup truck. I think a pick up would be more practical.
    What do ya think ?

Hmm I just got back from my inbox and am I ever embarrassed! Apparently those weren't thongs I guess the twins shed quite a few pounds. What I thought were thongs were the elastic from the waste band of their long johns. Recently the girls shed a few pounds, from what she said they ripped out the waste bands trying to get them over their thighs. Oh I also stand corrected on the tattoo, I guess due to the weight loss there was some excess skin and I mis-read it. It actually said " I Love the Class of '96 Houston Middle School The World Is Our Oyster"
    As for the truck, I would have to say absolutely not. The Lincoln is your ace in the hole if you want to stick w/ the girls that actually have title to their own trailer and don't owe back space rent.

Fullbush I here what your saying about the car.The only issue I have is that I'm not comfortable laying down on the front seat the car is to short. unless I roll down the window and stick my feet out. That won't fly when It's snowing out.
    Im not going to pursue the twins until I hear from Co2Ak sister. I'm patient...................

Fullbush
    You say the twins sent you a message? Sounds like they have your number Mr.

Nah its not like that at all Kevin I'm happily married. No, the girls sent me a message because they thought I'd be a good character reference. They are presently in litigation I don't know if you follow the Palmer court schedule but they have a hearing coming up the State of Alaska vs. Dumbowski Twins. They were arrested this summer for unlawful use of spandex. Apparently Big Lake filed an injunction for an exemption on the behalf of several of their year round residents but the arrest occurred before this.

kenairmk
    Thank-you for your ideas.
    Definitely need mud tires. As far as the sat dish goes I'll have to pass on that. I stopped watching tv in 93 gods honest truth.

Keep those ideas coming in.

redneckairbagsuv9.jpg

Kevin my car comes w/ airbags, and yes they are standard equipment

redneck_plow.jpg

Kevin the plow is mandatory, and check out my high water stacks. I'm the envy of fish creek at high tide

Holy smokes is there any room for airbags with your wife sitting that close to the wheel ?

I love the stacks. Why is your plow on during the good weather?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast