Thread: Just experienced my first duck hunt....

Default Just experienced my first duck hunt....

First of all, thanks to Duckhunter01 and Ralph for showing me the ropes. I hunted ducks for the first time today at Rabbit Slough, and we were successful! Based on their comments, the day could have gone better (high winds made the numbers low) but we still took home 15 birds. I will be feeding my family duck for the first time tomorrow. The experience overall was more than I hoped it would be. It was hard work, but worth every second. I am hooked, and will deffinitely be back.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

As they say, duck hunting is the sport of kings. Nothing else like it, probably because of the misery that must come with every successful duck hunt. Now that you are hooked get ready to second mortage the house, sell some of the kids, make a room in the house for the retriever...it never stops. You have a life long activity that no matter how many times you go, never gets old. Welcome to the fold!

Quote Originally Posted by sameyer View Post
    As they say, duck hunting is the sport of kings. Nothing else like it, probably because of the misery that must come with every successful duck hunt. Now that you are hooked get ready to second mortage the house, sell some of the kids, make a room in the house for the retriever...it never stops. You have a life long activity that no matter how many times you go, never gets old. Welcome to the fold!
    Well, I don't know about the second mortgage, but misery that must come I can relate to. My back is killing me from carrying outboard motors, camping gear and dragging boats. I would do it again tomorrow though without a second thought. ;-)

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.