Thread: Advice on a moose float hunt

Question Advice on a moose float hunt

I am trying to plan an '08 moose float hunt and am looking for some advice and guidance. I would appreciate any recommendations on a repuatable, trustworthy outfitter who could put together a fully outfitted moose float hunt and get us out to an area that is not heavily floated and hunted. Past the areas the air taxis, outfitters and DIY guys have easy access to. I know that in todays Alaska this may be a tall order but I am looking for suggestions. Also would it be smarter for a group of four, who all want a moose, to seperate into two groups and float, camp and hunt seperately from each other or to stay together? Which method presents the most realistic opportunity to get four moose over the course of a 14 day trip? I would appreciate any info those of you knowledgable in this area could provide.

Try these guys.

http://www.pristineventures.com/adventureServices.html

I have no experience with them but here great things.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

You might rethink your goals. Pretend you actually shoot 2 or 3 moose at the beginning of your float. Can you handle that much meat and still maintain a float schedule? Very likely any moose killed at the beginning of a 14 day trip will be spoiled by the end. This past fall, float hunters with spoiled meat were cited for wanton waste.
    Are you prepared for the cost of flying out 2 or 3 animals worth of meat?
    Perhaps your biting off more than you can chew?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Call Larry at Pristine Ventures above...he is your best shot at tailoring a hunt to your needs.

Default Moose float hunt

Thank you for the info on Pristine Adventures I will contact them to get more info. Has anyone heard of or used Alaska Bush Adventure for an outfitted, unguided float hunt. Heard of them but can't find any info from anyone who has used them.

i've heard Ak bush adventures are busy people, making local rivers busy places..just what i've heard.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212