Thread: Bing's to Upper Kenai fish

Default Bing's to Upper Kenai fish

I'm just wondering if anyone is still catching silvers on the Kenai and how it's going...I know rainbows are in good...but, still partial to salmon. Not ready to give up - Bill

still catching silvers in the middle part

Are you still down there camping Power Drifter?
    -Q
    Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    still catching silvers in the middle part

No, I came back home for a few days for some work. Hope to get back down again soon. Had fun meeting you and all around the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Billybobsky View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone is still catching silvers on the Kenai and how it's going...I know rainbows are in good...but, still partial to salmon. Not ready to give up - Bill
    was down there last thursday, did pretty good, but I have heard that the water is comming up from rain so you might want to try eggs????

River is on the rise and turning to mud!!!

the Madman is right -- Kenai water level is as high as it was in Late July or perhaps it was early August. It's very high and a torrent. I hit RR campground yesterday, hoping to find the silver action as hot as it was 10 days ago. No such luck! Water level in the confluence area submerges the bottom few steps of all the ladders there, and not a single silver was seen nor hooked. I fished downstream of the ferry, a decent ways down. Despite constantly adjusting my weight, the current just too fast to get the fly deep enough. Heck, even wading across the Russian was difficult. That river is high and very fast and muddy also.

Saw two brownies, the same one I always see, on the opposite bank, at the Kenai-Russian River Campground -- the young bear with the wound on its left lower back. And then, a much larger brown bear that emerged downstream of me, on my side, which quickly ended my focus on fishing

I did not mean to hijack this thread, so I started anouther thread with a Poll to get peoples feelings on the future of this wonderful resource.
    Take part in the Poll in the forum.
    Its a good way to express your feelings and thoughts with a simple vote.
    thanks
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

It's all good! Went up river from Bing's Landing on Sunday and caught a couple of nice silvers. Now I think I can rest in peace for the rest of the year. Counting the days until the king salmon return. (-=

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Any new information on river conditions? I am headed down tomorrow for 4 days, don't know if we'll end up on the middle or at the inlet, depends on many factors. I will certainly give a report upon return, and new river condition info...?